Chapter 12.

Chapter 12.

*Repetition of chapter 11*

'This girl was really amazing tonight. She had beautiful vocal skills and her voice made everyone shiver. So.. The first place is going to...' Everyone was silent. 'Give a huge applause for this amazing talent..'

......

'Amy Rodriguez!!!'

My heart sunk and i felt like i had to throw up. I ran backstage to the restroom and let myself fall on the floor. I hid my face in my knees and let all my tears escape.

'Christina? Where are you?' I heard Sadi coming nearer the restroom. She walked faster when she saw me. 'Christina, i know this is not what you've expected but it's okay. You can always win another contest. Believe me.'

'You don't understand.' I said between sobs. 'Can you take me home please?' 'Yes i will bring you right now.' Sadi grabbed her car keys out of her purse and we walked outside.

--

'Hi sweetie, how did it go.' Allison asked when she opened the door. I didn't respond and walked past her upstairs to my room. 'She didn't win and that bothers her a lot i think.' I heard Sadi trying to explain. 'Aw, that's so bad. Well next time better, right.' Allison said.

That's what they don't know. There is no NEXT time.

I broke down on my bed but then remembered the envelope Chris gave me. I hope it's the money.. I refused his offer but maybe he did gave it to me.

I opened my closet and grabbed the envelope. I hold it against my chest and breathed in.

'My last hope.' I whispered.

I opened the envelope and looked inside. I am done.

No money..

Told you it was some bullshit necklace and a shopping card.

I began to cry. My life is over. Everything's over! I began throwing with things and glass scattered on the floor. I threw my chair to the mirror and the glass broke in pieces.

'Christina?!' Allison and Gerald were standing outside my door. I locked it so they couldn't come in. 'Christina, is everything okay?' Gerald asked. 'Look we know you wanted to win that contest but you can always win another one sweetheart. You'll learn about...' 'LEAVE ME ALONE! You will never understand what's going on!!' I yelled. They both kept silent. I heard them whispering to each other and then they walked away.

My phone went off.

Unknown.

I picked up but didn't say a word. I heard screaming on the other line and someone laughing. It was Orlando. I hung up and threw my phone against the wall, this time he broke into pieces. I couldn't stand on my knees. My whole body was weak. Tired of everything. I have nothing and tomorrow is the day.

The day my life is over.