II.

Amber's POV

"Louis!" I scream, catching my hand onto his shoulder.

"Amber, go away." He shrugs me off and I am bewildered with his odd behavior. I haven't committed any rudeness to him for his behavior to be such a way.

"Just talk to me!" I grab his forearm and spin him to look at me.

His feet come to a halt as he glares at me, the colored ink that littered his neck and disappear into the collar of his shirt, catch my wandering eyes.

"What have I done to you!?" I interrogate placing my palm over my heart, trying to calm myself.

"Nothing, just don't speak to me." He simply says before turning and walking away from me.

"He told you not to communicate with me." I yell after him. I believe it came out more of a question than a statement but I'm not really sure. Whatever it was it caused his legs to stop moving.

"Yeah." He throws me a pitiful look and I bow my head.

"I don't have anyone else, please just any information will help. I need to find him." I plead tugging up the top of my blouse and tugging down the tight pencil skirt.

"Just tell me he didn't do anything wreck less." I beg and he only blankly stares at me as if he is trying to decide whether or not he would spare me any information.

"No." He bluntly answers.

"Louis-"

"Look, I'm sorry but I can't help you with anything." He cuts me off and lets out a deep sigh and I nod.

The fresh and chilled wind whips around me causing me to gain goose bumps. Its oddly cold for the beginning of May. The next few days are suppose to be hot and humid though.

"I'll -uh - see ya around then." He says and I only nod again.

"Bye."

~*~

Today, I am dressed in a beautiful nude pants suit and jacket. Its my first day here, at Wage Works Inc. and I want to look my finest. I need to make a good first impression. Mr. Blake had called me a week ago to inform me of my starting.

Its eccentric to think that only some months ago I was in a emergency room, being cared for and now here I am, working at a high paying office building. It's about time I got my life together.

All those years at the bar were a waste of my time and I regret ever even filling out the damn application. I remember me praying to land that job. I was young, naive and inexperienced.

The mug held in my grasp is extremely sweltering and the tan liquid inside, almost scorches my hand badly enough to leave a small red imprint on my palm.

"Oh! Hold the door!" I say loud enough for whoever was inside to hear me, scampering over to the elevator shaft.

His hand pushes against the entry way allowing me to enter safely before he presses the floor button.

"Ah you are back, You must have gotten the job then?" The male says I look over to see Josh standing there with a smirk plastered across his chiseled face.

"Mhh Hmm." I respond.

"Well, welcome to the company, Mrs. Urns." He reaches his hand out for me to shake and I take it.

It's unusual to find someone with such a formal attitude and outlook on life. It's so professional and I think it will take me a moment to get use to it.

"Thank you." I pant slightly out of breath from my short run.

"I see you dyed your hair, almost hard to recognize you."  He points out.

"Oh! Yeah, brown is a more efficient hue for business purposes." I glance into the giant mirror that covered the back of the elevator wall, sweeping a few fly aways back into my neat bun and he nods.

It is quiet until my stomach grumbles, cracking the peaceful silence.

"Hungry?" He laughs a bit and my face blushes pink. I can't even remember the last thing that I even ate besides the coffee that I am about to consume.

"Not even the slightest." I answer truthfully.

"That isn't what your stomach told me." He smiles and I must say his smile is very charming.

The doors pop open and I step out of the elevator, Josh following close behind.

"Good Morning, Ms. Emily." Josh greets the receptionist.

"Good Morning, Mr. Yunker." She responds and I find it just a little skeptical that he called her by her first name and not her last.

Creme colored carpet has become victim to my hard pumps as I walk towards my office, number B43.

I approach two white double doors, that are the exact same as every other door on this floor. My hand encloses around the gold knob, twisting it open and stepping inside. The interior is similar to the interior in the lobby, the desk white and the rolling chair and light tan.

"This office is yours?" Josh asks breaking me from my trance.

"Yeah," I mutter in awe.

"Extravagant, isn't it?' He chuckles and I nod.

My fingers graze over the smooth glass of the old painting of angels on the wall. I can't wait to decorate it and make it more cozy.

"So, I'll see you for lunch?" He ask and my mouth drops a little. "I mean you don't have to I just thought-" His voice trails of and his hand reaches to awkwardly rub the back of his neck.

"No!" I repeat over and over again. "I'd like that."

"Superb, I'll see ya soon." He exits the room, closing the door and leaving me to my thoughts.

I plop down at my desk, taking in my vast new environment.

It is nice to have a friend in the building already. It is nice to know that I'm not all alone, here and out on a limb by myself. But what is that when I am alone - when I am at home - I pull this mask off and my camouflaged face is revealed and my true face is shown. The one that is full of sorrow and hurt.

A/N

I basically woke up to find this chapter deleted so I had to rewrite it, I apologize .x

UM UM UM WTF SAY SOMETHING HAS REACHED 10.9K+ READS AND OVER 350+ VOTES LIKE IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE!? WHAT EVEN OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH I CANT RIGHT NOW I'M SO HAPPY :D

I'm putting off a bunch of assignments that are worth 100+ points to update for you guys. Oops. Love y'all so fucking much ugh.

So I hope y'all liked it. (:

Comment/Vote/Fan/Share .x