XIV.

Read a/n at the end. x

Harry's POV

I park the car before getting out and shoving the keys into my front pocket.

My fingers run through my hair as the wind whips around me, the clouds beginning to roll in.

I grab a hand basket once inside the local market.

I try to stay on the outside of the store for you are more likely to eat more healthily according to those stupid blogs.

My thumb and index fingers scan over the smooth skin of the watermelons in attempt to find the sweetest one.

Its late spring and these fruits seem to be fresh out of a garden.

As my hand moves onto the next melon, it comes in contact with another hand.

This hand I am very familiar with and I instantly know who it is once I feel the electric feeling run through me.

It is her.

"Bambi?" I gasp and she blushes.

"No one has called me that in about nine years." She laughs and I smile.

God she looks amazing. Better than. ever. Her hair is now a more subtle color of brown and her eyes seem to shine brightly.

"Uh, how are you?"

"I'm great." She awkwardly coughs and slyly removed her hand from under mine. "How have you been?"

"Can't complain." I smile and she does too. "What are you doing here?" The last I heard she moved to the middle of America.

"Oh, family visit. I've missed home." She says adjusting her shoulder bag.

"I've missed you." I mumble and before she can respond we are interrupted.

"Momma!" A small child, maybe about four years old comes running and jumping into Amber's arms with a box of granola bars.

Momma?

"Can we get these? Please?" The girl pouts and Amber nods her head.

"Harlot this is Mr. Harry." She glances over to me. "Can you say hey to him?"

Harlot?

"Hi." Harlot's American accent thick and high pitched.

The little girl's hair is blonde and her eyes seem to be a very light almost crystal green.

"Hello love." I reach across the watermelon barrel and shake her small hand, placing a kiss to the back of it.

"She got away from me." We are interrupted again but this time by a male. He glances to me and then back to Amber.

"Uh, honey this is a old friend of mine." Amber introduced us and I frown slightly at the use of the word friend. "Harry, Ryan. Ryan, Harry."

"Its nice to meet you." He reaches his hand out for me to take which I deny. His accent American too.

"I don't shake hands." I say and his smile turns into a straight line as he awkwardly drops his hand to his side.

"Well uh we're going to check out. C'mon Harlot." He grabs the kid and walks off with the basket but not without placing a kiss to Amber's cheek and I feel my blood boil.

"He seems nice." I lie and roll my eyes.

"He really is, once you get to know him." She chuckles.

"I bet." I say and the air is awkward and silent now.

"Well I think I should go." She mutters and I frown

"Yeah me too." My hand rubs the back of my neck.

"Bye."

"See ya." I respond and before she can walk away I grab her wrist, spinning her around into my chest and I can hear the soft gasp leave from her lips.

"We should get together before you leave town." I smirk against her ear, pressing gently to the shell of it.

"I uh don't know... I should-"

"C'mon Amber. You aren't fooling anyone." My fingers run up the side of her arm and I'm thankful for the shelf blocking anyone from seeing us.

"Say yes." I pull her chin up to look me in the eyes and her breathing turns uneven.

I slowly lean in. Our lips about to connect when Ryan calls her name and I want to rip his head off.

"I should get going. My family is waiting for me." She says moving from my arms, her finger playing with the band on her left finger.

That should be my family.

I move quickly and exchange numbers. "I'll see you soon." I grin and she walks away, grabbing Harlot.

I can't help but smile as I notice the resemblance between my name and Amber's child's name.

I pull out my phone, texting her and I know I may seem desperate but hell that's cause I am.

To: First Love

Dinner? My place? Tuesday?

Really? Sure. I think that is okay.

Be sure to bring Harlot & I'll be sure to hide the wine ;)

I laugh remembering our first date when we made a fine wine together which I still have, the bottle stashed safely underneath one of my cabinets safely.

Oh God! I will & Please do!

I'll see you then x

I add the kiss on the end and put my phone away.

Who knew that in just a few years so much shit could happen. Like marriage and kids?

How come none of that shit happened for me? I'm still the same old punk with tattoos and piercings just a much better job.

I grab whatever I needed for Tuesday and finish up my trip to the store, driving home with the biggest smile I've had on my face since as long as I can remember.

A/N

This last chapter would have been so much better and would have came sooner but Wattpad force closed on me even though it said the chapter was saved all three and a half pages were erased. So I had to rewrite it, its not as long and I'm really pissed off about it.

So sorry. xx

Epilogue possible.

Updated from my phone so sorry for typos and if it's short.

Comment/Vote/Fan/Share .x

~Lisah x