IX.

Amber's POV

My nose crinkles up at the vile smell of the frozen fish in my hands and I heavily sigh as I toss it into the nearest bin. Apparently when you don't look into the freezer as much, you forget about items and how long they have been sitting, spoiling and rotting away.

"Dammit. I guess I won't be cooking that then." I glance at the clock and notice that Josh should be arriving within the near hours and I panic.

Is this considered a date? I sure hope not. I am not even possibly ready to fathom the thought of moving on.

I quickly throw on a pair of shoes and my car keys, rushing out the front door. Once I've arrived and parked the car, I jump out and speed inside the local Super Market. 

I make a quick dash toward the aisle that contained the various types of meats. My journey was hauled when I literally run into a road block.

"Shit, sorry." I groan, as I bump into a rather tall male.

"You're alright. You okay?" The thick familiar accent asks.

"Yeah, thanks." I laugh a bit, embarrassed to have run into him, and I quickly begin to stalk away.

"Wait," He says and I turn to stare at the man, starting to recognize his face. "Amber, right?"

"Yeah," I respond and his red hair is in high contrast to his light brown eye brows. I gasp lightly and my face lights up, when his name finally pops up. "Hey! Cameron, how are you?" 

"I'm well! Its nice to see you." He says and I smile.

"How is Alyssa?" I inquire about his girlfriend.

"She's great, grouchy and pregnant but well." He sighs, laughing.

"Pregnant?" I ask, doing an awful job of hiding my astonishment.

"Yeah, she's just about five months along." He boast proudly.

"Amazing, Congratulations." I beam, my smile wider than ever.

"Thank you." He genuinely smiles and his eyes practically glow. Cam is going to be an amazing father. "Uh, Harry?" He questions and I nod.

"Sorry, I am not the best with names. How is the lad?" Cameron asks, taking his bottom lip between his index finger and thumb.

"He's alright, I wouldn't have expected to see you here." I mention, attempting to change the subject. "You know, since you lived like a few hours out West."

"Small world, I guess." He snickers a bit and I do as well. "No, but really; the misses convinced me to move out here a month or so after our camping trip. She loved it here." He informs me and I am thankful he doesn't bring up Harry again. "Actually she is right over here, Honey!" He beckons her over and I glance at the watch on my phone.

"Oh, it would be so lovely to catch up but I'm kind of in a hurry." I whine, not wanting to end my catch up but I've been talking to him for at least ten minutes and I really must go. "I'm so sorry, we must get together soon." 

"I understand, busy day?" He asks and I nod.

"Hi!" Alyssa greets me, in the middle of our conversation and I mentally face palm myself, I smile and wave anyway and try not to show how much of a rush I am in. She has this beautiful pregnancy glow and her stomach is popping out slightly as he hand rest on the side of it.

"Kicking.." She explains and my smile gets even wider.

"Aly, she was just going, you came too late." He playfully scolds her and she rolls her eyes. "Oh and most definitely! Alyssa and I would love to hang out with Harry and you soon." Cameron says and I nod.