XVIII.

Harry's POV

It was like reality finally hit Amber as she unhooked herself from Harlot and I and went sprinting down the steps.

I keep close behind until she catches Ryan in the kitchen. The rain is continuing to pour, getting more severe by the second.

"Ryan please say something." She begs him. "Please."

My heart is slowly breaking with the sound of sorrow that laces her words.

"Just.." he starts and inhales deeply. "How could you do this to me?" Ryan's eyes are red and tears are threatening to spill over.

"I'm so sorry." Amber cries and i want to do nothing more than to hold her.

"I don't think you should be watching this." I say, not turning around to look at my snooping daughter.

Wow. Daughter.

"Neither should you." She says and I roll my eyes.

"Go upstairs Harlot." I cross my arms over my chest and lean against the hallway wall.

"You can't tell me what to do. I don't even know you." She snarls, stomping up the stairs. "You aren't my father and you never will be." I catch her say under her breath but I pretend I don't hear it.

Some how, some way her saying that ate at me. I can't explain it but I'm trying to not let it bother me.

"Ryan, please!" Amber yells, running after him as he pushes past me and out the front door of the house. "Wait!"

"I need time." He turns to stop her. He reluctantly kissed her forehead before getting into his car and leaving.

I walk out onto the front porch where Amber sits on her knees, slumped in defeat in the shower of rain.

"Bambi?" I stand behind her and she sobs loudly.

"I never meant for any of this to happen." She says. "This wasn't supposed to happen." She says quietly to herself.

"I know." I squat and rub her back gently.

Amber crumpled up into a ball. By now she was hysterically crying. She must really love him.

Maybe we are not meant to be afterall.

Maybe God's plan is different than my own.

Maybe Amber doesn't love me anymore and never will.

She loves Ryan now.

My chance had come and gone. And like the dumb ass I am, I let her go and she really went.

I sigh picking her up from the ground and cradling her. "I wish i could take it away." I tell her, the water continuing to drench us. "All the pain."

She does nothing but sob louder. I can say that I can literally feel my heart shattering. I can feel her pain.

God, I still love this girl with all my heart.

"Please, God..." Amber trails off her words and clutches tighter to my sweatshirt, jumping slightly when thunder cracked through the evening sky.

"Amber we need to go inside. I don't want you to get sick." I say and she nods.

"Shh. You're okay." I wrap my arms around her thighs, her small legs straddling around my torso as I carry her inside.

I place her down at the kitchen table, leaving her briefly to go find blankets. When I return Amber's head is placed in her hands.

Her loud sobbing has now seized to small and short whimpers. I drape the blanket across her and move to make tea.

"Thank you, Harry." Amber's dry voice croaks and I nod, smiling slightly.

I leave her to her thoughts as I step outside for a cigarette. I've finished one and a half cigarettes when I am joined by Amber.

She's in a dry pair of clothes now and her damp hair is pulled into a long braid.

"I thought you left me too." She sniffled.

"Just a quick smoke." I shake my head.

"Since when did you ever smoke?" She asks leaning on the banister with me.

"Bad habit I picked up a few months after we broke it off." I say truthfully, taking a long drag before flicking the cigarette into the yard.

"Did you want one or something?" I offer, pushing the carton towards her.

To my surprise, her thin fingers reach into the box and pulled one out.

"Lighter?" She questions and I reach into my pocket, pulling out the lighter and lighting the cancer stick.

"Thanks." She says and I nod.

We sit in silence, staring out at the world passing us by. Cars zooming by across the wet pavement, couples and even children walking around in this dreadful weather.

"I didn't know you smoke." I point out after the bit of quiteness.

"Hmm?" She is dragged back from her lost and wandering mind.

"Didn't know you smoked." I repeat.

"I don't." She puts the stick between her lips. "Not since like High School anyways."

"Oh." I say, gently tapping my finger on the white wood banister. "I guess I should get going now." I say and her head snaps to me.

"You're going to leave?" She asks, her voice hinted with sadness. Maybe that's just my imagination.

I nod. "Are you going to be okay?"

She only shrugs her shoulders, continuing to smoke the cigarette slowly. "I'll be fine. Whatever."

I grab her hand and pull her into my chest. I rested my chin on top of her head as she held me tighter.

I let go sooner than I would have wished and she steps back. "I'll see you around then." I say and it feels like I'm saying goodbye to her all over again.

"Yeah." She quietly mumbles.

I step off the porch and start to my car. Not even bothering the rain hitting me. I was already soaked anyways.

"Hey." I faintly hear something. "Hey!" Amber's voice is louder.

I turn around from my car door "Yeah?"

"I-I don't know. Uh, this might be out of line but would you like to s-stay. You know for d-dinner?" She rambles, stumbling over her words which she never does.

"Sure." I push my hair up and out of my face and I am one hundred percent sure I am grinning like a mad man.

A/N

Lol wow wtf this was like wtf. But hi guys. Sorry for taking so long to update. I've been so busy. Ugh. Okay. So i hope this was alright. I think you all might like the next chapter. Idk.

Btw sorry if its short bc I wrote it on my phone and I'm not sure the word count.

Media bc harry so cute.

Comment/Vote/Fan/Share. X