Chapter 3

I sat on my bed, fidgeting with my pencil. The window letting in a cold breeze to play with my hair. The dance was tomorrow, but I was scared. What if I hurt someone with my strength? How did I get these powers? What the fuck was going on with me? All these questions hung over my shoulders like drapes and it stressed me beyond oblivion. 

SNAP!

I look at my pencil to see it was broken in two, "Well.." I sighed before throwing it aside.

My phone hummed and I reached over to it, looking at the screen. A text message from Dean.

D: Why aren't you at school?
R: wasn't feeling too hot
D: oh okay. Hope you feel better before our dance! lol
R: I will for sure, don't know if I want to stay too long.
D: that's alright with me, maybe we could walk around the park until Harry and Jamie are done with the dance.
R: I'd like that :)

Goddamn this was so cliché, and I will punch his tooth out if he brings a rose or some shit.

"Honey? Your father and I are going to the store, stay in your room okay?" I look up to see my mom at my door and I nod.

"Sure thing."

She gave me a soft smile before shutting my door, moments later I heard the car start and them drive off. I grin and hop off the bed, of course I wasn't actually sick. I'm just a bit curious, and you can't tell me being curious doesn't make you sick sometimes. I raced to my dad's office and ripped open the door, there has got to be something in here if they know about my powers at least. I slide onto his office chair and do a pointless spin before opening some drawers. Rummaging through different papers of diddly squat.

This was lame, thought at least I would be in some action film and find something. I sigh disappointed and trotted out of the room, shutting the door behind me.

The day went by fast and I convinced my parents to let me go out on a walk... away from streets. I hated being trapped in my room. I'm not necessarily trapped, but I felt like it. My feet tapped against the sidewalk as I observed the beautiful day in Queens. I turn my head slightly to see a man with a hood over his head - looking rather suspicious if I do say so myself. He had his hands shoved into his sweater pockets as he walked up quickly towards a woman who was comforting her baby. Her purse on a bench behind her, unaware that the man just scooped it up passing by.

"Wow there are a lot of purse thieves around here." I mumbled to myself.

"What was that?" A voice said next to me and I turned my head quickly to see a woman with red hair and dangerous eyes. She looked super intimidating for someone who was giving me a warm smile and raised eyebrow.

"Uh, just thinking of last night when someone got their purse stolen and a hero got it back." I was baffled to why this stranger was talking to me, but I didn't want to come out as rude.

"Which hero?" She asked and I turned my attention to the man who was getting away with the mother's purse, not paying any notice to her words.

"I don't know, look it was nice to meet you but I need to go do some stuff. Bye." I quickly turned on my heels following the man. I felt ashamed that I did that to the poor woman, but I couldn't let this man get away so easily.

I kept following him until he turned in an alleyway not much further from the park. I scoff from his idiocy and turn slightly around the building to observe in the alleyway. Sure enough, there he was. Ripping all the contents out of the purse.