Chapter 8

I felt better after talking to Tony, we talked about personal things and understood one another. It was definitely a better new start. Eventually it was noticeable that I was half awake and he sent me off to bed. That night I had no nightmares and dreamed I was able to walk on water, and I could feel the water embracing my feet. Moving soothingly through the gaps of my toes each step, before I woke up - I remembered I saw the same city that Wanda showed me through the images she planted into my head. I saw it in the distance, and I saw a man at the shoreline. He had darker skin, and he looked like he was my age. A hand was in his pocket while the other was held out reaching to me to come to him. I reached out and almost touched his hand, but then I woke up.

The dream was different, it was better than the nightmares. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked to my right to see Peter smiling at me sweetly. "You want some?" He held out a bag of chips and I shook my head.

"No thanks, more for you at least." I stuck out my tongue and he chuckled.

"I'll take some!" Harry ripped the bag out of his hand and Peter's eyes looked like they were about to water as he watched Jamie and Harry devour them.

"My chips..." he mourned and Dean rolled his eyes.

His arm was wrapped around me and kissed his cheek for the hell of it. That's what girlfriends are suppose to do right? I've never been in a relationship, and Dean hasn't particularly asked me out yet. We kinda just kissed and that's that. It's been bothering me a tiny bit and I talked to Wanda about it but she told me to see how it goes. He looked down at me with a smirk and then turned back to the TV we were currently watching Pitch Perfect on.

"Turn off the TV we got more intel on this whole HYDRA thing." Tony came in with Natasha behind.

Harry was the first to reach for the remote but Peter used his webbing to pull it to him and Harry gave him a dirty look. He turned off the TV and tossed the remote aside that had webbing still attached to it.

"So What is it?" I asked and Dean shifted forward clearly interested as he unwrapped his arm from my shoulders.

"We found out what HYDRA wants with you but we don't know why they do. They want to use you as a weapon and brainwash you." He informed and I shivered.

"How do you know?" Jamie was the first to ask what we were all thinking.

"Why don't you follow me and find out." Tony started to walk and we all scurried out to follow him.

We kept following Tony and Natasha down halls until we reached a door and he turned around with his finger up. "Only Riley and Peter are allowed in. The rest of you, wait here."

"La- OW!" Harry started but Jamie ended it with a slam to his foot.

"Understandable sir." Jamie nodded and Harry sniffled.

I rolled my eyes at both of them and Dean grabbed my hand before I went in, "Maybe you can convince them to let us in?"

"Doubt it, just wait here I'll be back." I smiled and he looked disappointed.

With Peter in front of me, we walked in behind Tony and Natasha. I shut the door behind me and turned to them. "Why can't they come in?"

"They don't have permission nor do they need to see this." Natasha informed, "you and Peter have seen worse."

We stopped in front of a glass window and I turned to look out of it to see a man tied to a chair, beaten and bloodied. I felt sick and disturbed to see his condition and turned to Tony, "did you guys do this?"

"No, we aren't the type for... rough interrogations. We found him like this, he was wearing the same suit as the men you slaughtered with someone else. He was in an alleyway and admitted being apart of the organization." Tony explained and the man lifted up his head and my eyes widened.