Chapter 12

Tony's POV

"You still should have told me Nick, even if Samantha wished against it." I fumed, "She's still my daughter!"

"Stark her life would have been in more danger with you." He tried to knock some sense into me, "What if she was in your house in Miami before it was destroyed? She would be dead and that would be on you for sharing your address with the public!" He stabbed me with his words and I fought myself from throwing a punch at him.

"Never would I have let that happen." I spoke through gritted teeth, "I would have protected her as I did to Pepper." I responded in defense.

"And what if you failed to get them both to safety?" He bit back, "what if Loki had thrown her off Stark Tower instead of you?"

"I would have saved her." Determination thick in my voice.

"Enough of this, Tony I'm just as flustered as you about this but Ms. Williams had custody of Riley." Natasha pointed out, "it was her choice not to give it to you. Besides, if Riley showed up at your doorstep would you really keep her?"

"Who's side are you on Nat?" I threw a glare her way and she raised an eyebrow.

"I'm just saying you wouldn't have been so accepting that she was yours." She insisted confidently.

"That doesn't matter anymore, what matters is getting her back before HYDRA wins." Nick reminded and Natasha gave a brief nod.

"The lunatic made a portal, and even if we made a portal we wouldn't know where to go." Peter recalled.

"We may not know how to make portals, but I do know where they went." Wanda announced and we all switched our gaze to her. "They went to Gotham, an alternate universe. I would know, Dynamite took me there for a day when we were kids. I don't understand why a HYDRA member wants to be there."

"He may not want to." Natasha guessed, "he probably just wanted to get away to a place knowing we weren't going to be around to stop him." The detection was brilliant and we all nodded in agreement.

"Do we know anyone who can make portals?" I inquired looking at Fury who shook his head lightly in response.

"What about Thor?" Wanda suggested, "He uses portals to get back to Asgard."

"Someone makes that portal for him, he doesn't make it." Fury informed, "but we could ask him if he knows anyone that could do so."

"Ill contact PointBreak." I turned on my heels and headed out of the room. Before I could make it fully into my office, I heard footsteps behind me and turned my head to see Peter following. "What is it kid?"

He stopped in his tracks and opened his mouth but quickly closed it, trying to find the right words as he looked at his feet. I eyed him in puzzlement until his eyes met mine.

"Mr. Stark, I um," he hit his fist against the palm of his hand, "She kind of reminded me of you."

"How so?"

"Just the random comments sometimes, acting like she doesn't care but she does, she's not afraid say what's on her mind, and... she's willing to fix something for someone she cares about. Even if you don't want to fix it." He nodded briefly, a visible lump under his throat, "Even though she thought you hated it her for that short time, she was willing to try to make you accept her— even though she didn't know you were her dad."

I didn't know what to say, but I was grateful of Peter. I knew he was trying to make me feel a little better, even though I need to prep myself to tell her that I'm her father. I gave a nod and grabbed Peter's shoulder with a squeeze; giving each other small smiles. I dragged him along to my office.