Chapter 11

Tony Stark's POV

"Riley!" I jumped at the portal as they dissolved into it. As I was about to touch it, the portal vaporized and my face met the floor. I hesitated on getting up and looked at where the portal last was. I just found out I had a daughter and I don't even know if I'll see her again. It was back when I thought I lost Pepper when she fell 200 feet to the ground. But due to the serum that was put into her, she lived. Before I knew that, I felt empty.

I'm feeling the same thing as I did the like the moment I saw her fall into the fire. Riley has grown on me and I couldn't help it. No matter how hard I tried to pretend I hated her, the moment I heard her words that night to her parents— I knew The was something about her that reminded me of Amber. I hated it, but I felt better with her near.

I got up off the floor and pressed my fingers to the bridge of my nose to process the fact that she was gone, and I didn't get to tell her that she's a Stark.

Riley Elizabeth Williams.
Riley Elizabeth Hunter.
Riley Elizabeth Stark.

I felt movement behind me, rushed footsteps that came to a stop. I turned to see Peter on the floor with his hand pushing Jamie's shoulder repeatedly. "Jamie?" His voice trembled, "Hey, we need to get Riley back. Come on." Her unfocused eyes starred directly at me. No sign of life from this girl, and it saddened me.

She was just a kid, and I knew deep down Riley will blame herself for this. When truth is, we were to blame. We allowed her friends to know her new life, bringing them into the HQ. What were the chances one was a lunatic? He must have known it was her, he came at a certain time. As soon as Riley's powers activated, the day of it at least from what I was told, he showed up. When I find him, I'll find out the answers to all of this.

After I do, I'll kill that kid.

Peter's eyes watered, his hands shaking as he held onto hers. He's already lost enough, losing a friend shouldn't be added to the list. I kneeled down with a hand on his shoulder as he mourned.

Moments after, Wanda came barging in. Her eyes on Jamie, she pointed at her, "was that one of her friends?"

"Yes, She was killed by one she thought differently of. That we all didn't expect when it should have been obvious." Natasha rubbed her neck stressed.

"Fury, tell me why you had my brother's blood in the lab." Wanda glared at him and he sighed.

"I'll tell you after we take care of Jamie, we need to bring the news to her family." He began to turn away then stopped, "It's a long story." He finished off as he walked out.

"Where's Riley?" Wanda looked around the room in desperation.

My heart felt shattered when she mentioned her, "The Dean kid she was friends with, he turned out to be the dark magic freak. He took her through a portal, and now she's gone."

"Show me a photo of him." Wanda's nostrils widened in frustration.

* * *

Riley's POV

I yelled in pain as I felt a kick to my side. I rolled to onto my hip from impact and hissed out from the stinging skin. "I'll kill you." I spat out hoping Dean heard.

"Would love to see you try." He cackled, the amusement elevating by the minute. He was enjoying torturing me like this, "Too bad you couldn't protect Jamie."

"I'LL KILL YOU!" I sped off the ground and tackled him, I threw punches at him that actually connected. He grabbed my hands to block them, he smirked after the hits.