Chapter 9

My eyes cracked opened, it was dark and empty in Stark's office. Tony's words were stuck to the back of mind that was an echo repeating itself...

I think SHIELD made her.

But how is that possible? My parents aren't mutants, or considered enhanced. Bruce Banner I've been told is gone and has left The Avengers, known as Hulk when he loses his temper. Steve Rogers known as Captain America has equal the strength I have, plus whoever QuickSliver is.. I have his speed. How could SHIELD make me? My mother fucking made me.

Before I could continue my thought train, I hear the door knob twist and the lights click on blinding me. I took a moment to adjust to it and saw Tony sipping out of his mug walking to his desk. When he reached it he began searching through papers again. He is truly serious about figuring out who I am and why I'm so important to Nick Fury. I sat up rubbing my eyes and Tony glanced at me with his usual round eyes.

"Morning, you going to keep helping me search?" He looked back down at the papers setting the mug aside.

"Yeah I guess..." I didn't know how I was even talking to him after what he said last night. About him mentioning what I almost did to that poor woman, it hurt me deeply. Then, I hear him make a hypothesis on how I could be SHIELD's creation.

"If you're hungry, you can delay the searching and go munch on something." Tony suggested and I shook my head.

"I'll survive." I insisted as I pulled the blanket off of me and walked up to him holding out my hand for more papers.

He looked at it for a moment before grabbing a bag of blueberries and placing it in my hand, "you're not helping unless you eat something, cool?" He made it sound like more of a demand than a 'are you okay with this' question.

My gaze met the blueberries and my stomach rumbled, "Fine." I say as I pop some into my mouth.

"Sir, Peter Parker is waiting to be let in." FRIDAY's voice came through and Tony looked up from his papers before shouting out.

"GET IN HERE KID!" Tony shouted and he sounded angry. I shifted uncomfortably eating blueberries to make myself feel a little better as Peter opened the door and came in slowly.

I looked over my shoulder and Peter looked at me mortified before looking at Tony who crossed his arms and poked his cheek with his tongue agitated.

It was silent before Peter met my side and clasped his hands together, "Please Mr. Stark forgive me for my actions!" He spoke a millions words a second.

"Ah ah zip it!" Tony was infuriated over something he did and I was very curious to what. "How could you let that happen?!"

"It was an accident! I was with Happy and after I left KAREN got a little too obsessed with the different web shooter functions and did rapid fire!"

Tony pressed his finger tips to his nose with his eyes closed, "All... over.... my.... new did I mention new Bugatti?!"

"You're the one who made KAREN!"

"Her name wasn't even KAREN! You changing her name probably screwed Her personality and made her just as rebellious as you!" Tony pointed his finger at him and I raised my hand for permission to speak. They both looked at me and I ate a blueberry before speaking.

"So uh, the papers?" I pointed to the piles that must have been cleaned up a little more overnight.

Tony nodded putting his hands to his hips, "right, Peter your punishment is helping us find anything that could be about Riley."