Chapter 17

Wanda's POV

I remember being scared of the world after the mission in Lagos, afraid of everyone thinking I was a monster. I just wanted to save my friend, but didn't think of what the outcome could be. Saving one took away more lives. After the events, I ripped open the floorboards beneath me and climbed in to isolate myself from my problems. I didn't want to come out, but the tough side of me was scratching underneath begging to come out. When I thought all hope was lost, sitting in the dark feeling sorry for myself, only just faintly seeing the light through the cracks of the floor— I was blinded by a sudden bright light. Clint pried open the floors and reached out his hand for me, told me sitting on my ass full of sorrow wasn't going to fix the situation we were going through with Rogers and Stark.

So here I was, after being in prison accepting that I can't control people's fears but only my own— I'm out with my feet slapping against the pavement wearing a cape. We save everyone, but that doesn't always mean everyone. That's what makes being the good guy hard. My brother was so determined to get every person to safety in Sokovia, even if it meant sacrificing himself to do so. One day, I'll possibly be as brave as him, and I will prove to not only New York, but the world that I'm dangerous. A dangerous witch who will try everything in her power to make sure you see another sunrise. I have blood on my hands yes, but I have saved more than killed after unfortunate circumstances.

"Do you see it?" Strange said beside me with his hand raised, pointing at a portal with more ABM creeping out. The scene made my stomach uneasy, but I needed to stay focused.

"I see it." I confirmed with shaky breath. "Now we got to shut it down."

"How do we do it?" Strange inquired before sending a monster next to him through a smaller portal.

I examined his actions and thought for a moment, then my eyes fell into his necklace. His gaze fell to where I was looking and sighed, debating with himself. "I know what that necklace is, I've done research before.. The Eye of Agamotto. Can you reverse the portal?"

His hands grabbed a hold of his hips, looking down at his feet, "Playing with time is dangerous, and I've never done something like this unless I've needed to. Are you sure there is no other way to close this portal without using the stone?" He locked eyes with me with a hopeful stare.

"You're the one who knows how to make portals, you tell me." I gave a heavy sigh knowing that using The Eye of Agamotto was a risk that was not worth taking for a portal. "We need a better plan."

"Agreed." He nodded, turning his attention back to the portal. "So what do we do?"

I gazed at for a few moments before an idea came to me, "Cover me." I say to Strange as I jog towards the portal.

No one's POV

"Kid cover my six." Tony ordered Peter as he swung into action. "Dr Weird and Weirder could take all day on closing that portal. No taking breaks, no dicking around." He spoke through the other's earpieces.

"I should have taken that hair appointment." Natasha shot her pistols at the sensitive ABM's neck. It squelched into the ground as she reloaded.

"I'm never going to be able to retire am I?" Clint said noticeably tired as he grunted from impact. He was flung into a wall and he groaned in pain while recovering, looking up to his side he saw the creature charging towards him ready to slam its huge fist onto his body. Clint rolled to the side to avoid getting squashed and quickly grabbed an arrow from his back, shooting an arrow as fluent per usual into the neck of the black magic. "Hey, maybe after we get your kid back, we could go golfing or something."