Chapter 5

"Peter?" It slipped out, and everyone's attention turned to him and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Riley?" Everyone then turned to me.

"Uh, you know each other?" Tony asked breaking an awkward silence afterwards.

"We go to school together and have talked here and there." I answered, "you're an Avenger?!"

He stuck out his hand and shook it into the 'kinda' motion.

"Sort of, but that's a story for another time." Tony responded, "All I can tell you right now is that he's bugboy."

"Spider-Man." Peter corrected with a slightly vexed tone.

"Well that explains... a lot." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"May I ask why we are here?" The red skinned man spoke with a finger raised.

"Ah, well. This is Riley, she's one of us now." Tony answered pointing to me.

"Who said I was going to be apart of... whatever this is?" I narrowed my eyes at Tony.

"I did. Where else will you go after we find out who's after you?" He answered and I looked away. The room was filled with silence until the woman spoke up. "You're far from an Avenger, but doesn't mean you won't be part of our lives now."

"I'm Wanda." The woman took a few steps towards me and I looked at her, giving her a brief nod.

"Vision." The red skinned man answered.

"Rhodey." The black man introduced after them.

"Peter."

"Shut up Parker." I shook my head at him and he gave me a small smirk.

"There are some assholes after her and we don't know who. For now, we watch over her and make sure they don't get what they want. And that's her dead. They didn't hesitate to take out her..." Tony stopped looking at me and I nodded in approval. "Her parents, so i wouldn't doubt they wouldn't hesitate to take out her too."

When he mentioned my parents, it was like a needle being punctured into my heart a million times.

"What did they look like?" Vision questioned as he observed me.

"Regular men, they wore suits. They had guns, but no enhanced weapons or people."

"Sounds like SHIELD agents if you ask me." Tony rubbed his chin wearing a thoughtful expression.

"They weren't, I saw the bodies." Natasha looked at Tony, "It was... messy." For someone like Natasha that was an assassin, she even seemed bothered by the gruesome scene.

"You killed them all?" Peter seemed petrified of me and I looked away.

"Most of them." I said honestly.

"But they were all dead." Natasha pointed out.

"Doesn't matter, we need to keep her safe is what I'm getting from this. We have a job to do under Fury's orders, even if we like it or not. It's level 7 information that we all can't know. But what we do know, is there is something important about her that Fury isn't telling us. Can I hack the system to find out?" Tony walked around awaiting for an obvious answer, "Yes, yes I can. Will I? No, I won't. Because I don't care who she is." He pointed to me, "All I know is she's a killer, and I want nothing to do with you. I'll follow my orders, but don't look at me like I'm going to be holding your hand all the time. Got it?" He waited for me respond.

"Crystal." I gritted my teeth, he called me a killer. Like he hasn't killed anyone before...

"Stark, no need to be so rash." Wanda spoke and the others nodded, "We will do our job. But I'm not going to treat her like a thorn."