Chapter 13

Riley's POV

The woman who was called Diana, didn't hesitate to wrap her lasso around my leg and trip me. I grunted as my back connected with the floor; my eyes met Jay's who hissed spitting out a soft "yikes.." while offering an apologetic glance.

I mouthed, "I hate you." And he shrugged obviously unable to blame me for the lack of Diana's trust and temper. My shoulders lift off of the ground with my arms supporting me and I glared at Diana who returned a smug smile.

"If you've got powers, why aren't you using them?" She taunted me, and well due to my temper, I didn't like that.

"Fine." I grabbed the lasso and pulled it towards me sending Diana flying at me with a shocked expression. When she was close enough, i kicked my foot into her stomach which threw her back into a nearby wall. While she recovered, I pulled her lasso off of me and tossed it aside.

"Nice kick, you proved your worth of power." She stands up, "but I'm not done with you yet."

"Come on lady it's been a long fucking day! I already proved it after knocking you on your ass what more do you want?!" I opened my arms out and shook my head, "I just want to get home, and I want to kill the douchebag who sent me here in the first place! Help me, and you'll help yourself by never seeing me again."

"And that's all I needed to hear." A man's voice echoed behind me, and through instinct I turned towards it to see a tall man. He had a faint beard and grayish brown hair that flipped upwards. His blank expression studied me and his hands were placed into his pant's pockets. "What is your name?"

"Riley." I answered holding my side that felt in more pain from the kick used on Diana. "I was kidnapped and taken here, I promise I'm no threat. Jay found me on the beach with the actual foe, after helping me he brought me here in hopes you could help me get back home."

He stepped towards me, his feet making tapping noises from each step. "How did you get here?"

"From what I remember, he used a portal. He wants to finish what is undone; make me into a weapon for his sick ways." I explained through gritted teeth, "He is trying to inject a serum in me that supposedly is my final dose to make me nothing but evil. When I was a baby, my mother was apart of their organization but tried to hide my existence. Unfortunately, they found out about me and experimented on me, and tortured my mother to death.. they are the reason I have powers."

"Which are?" He inquired and I groan from the sudden stinging pain in my ribs.

"Increased strength, agility, and something else I'm unaware of. Apparently though If I'm angered, my power shows to its true potential."

"Have you ever lost your temper to where they were?"

I looked down in shame, "twice..."

"Why?"

I felt annoyed by his constant questions but knew I needed to corporate in order to get home, "First time when I saw my adoptive parents get killed... I lost control and killed everyone there who was responsible for their death." I feel goosebumps form on my body from the image of all the blood and the morbid scene, "and second.." I take a look at Jay who seems disturbed by the previous information I shared, "when my pursuer killed my best friend Jamie...not even two hours ago." I say and his face softens into sympathy and understanding.

"Look me in the eye when you answer this last question Riley." The man instructed and I obeyed fighting back my tears, "Did you want to kill them?"

I shook my head briefly, "no, and because of it I view myself as a monster. I regret it even though they killed my parents." He seemed pleased by my answer and was about to speak until I cut him off, "but, I will not regret killing my kidnapper, Stewart Dynamite." I admit coldly still looking into his eyes.