Chapter 21

Riley's POV

My eyes shot open recalling the prior events, the light being hard to adjust to at first. After a few more brief blinks, I glanced down at my hands after sitting up since I felt something unusual wrapped along my wrist. Sure enough, there were chains firmly grasped to tight to my skin, that it surprised me that I wasn't bleeding. The room I was in was dull and small. Checking my surroundings, I found only one source of an escape—being one door.

Without wasting more time, I rotated myself on the floor as the chains chimed from my actions. I twisted the chains  to enclose around my arms tightly, taking tiny breaths as I prepared myself to pull onto them. With a loud grunt, I was using all my strength to break the chains off the wall. They began to feel loose, wiggling as I recoiled. Although it seemed I was going to swiftly get out of this, I heard the door squeak open from behind. I untwisted the chains around my arms and dropped them to the floor to create a loud clink to fill the small room.

"Don't even bother, even if you pry those out of the wall, you'll have to face things bigger than those twig of chains." I turned my body to see the same person who had brought me here, making my blood boil.

"Why's the son of Bruce Wayne such a fucking douchebag?" I sneered, making the man roll his eyes with a shake of his head.

"I'm nothing like my father, and at least I'm worth more to this world than some pathetic girl like yourself who can't even defend herself even with someone holding her hand."

I staggered onto my feet to square him off, "Alright champ, take off the chains and we will see about that."

"Would love to," Sarcasm dripped from his tongue, "unfortunately though, I cannot."

I scoffed with a tight smirk, "Aw, does baby Wayne not want to get his soul choked out of him again? Pity."

"Hilarious, almost forgot to laugh." He made his way toward the center of the room. "Moving on, I know you're probably wondering why you're here and the answer is simple really, I am doing a favor for someone."

"No need to tell me who that someone is," I raised my finger to the side of my forehead, tapping it a few times. "I have a pretty straightforward guess to who it is." I replied before letting my hand fall to my side.

"Couldn't care less kid."

"Kid?" I fought a laugh, "I'm 18, you're the one who looks like your permission slip out of the womb was just due." I threw and insult which in return I earned an expression of disgust, which amused me.

"I can't wait until we are done with you, such a pain in the ass you are."

"Why don't you get it over with then champ?" I threatened with a coy smile, "Come on, hit the home run with this one."

"Such a nuisance."

"Such a smol bean." I bit back.

"Enough." A unfamiliar voice echoed through the speakers. "Robin, if I have to continue to listen to you two bicker, our deal is off."

"Deal huh?" My arms crossed, which was uncomfortable considering I had chains on, "Aren't you a spoiled rich kid? Why do you need money?" I inquired, genuinely interested.

"I don't need money, this is for something else jabberjaws." He responded and I scowled at the nickname.

Switching the topic, I gazed all over the room to pinpoint the speakers, "May I at least know who the hell was speaking? Doesn't sound like the jackass Dynamite I know."

"Not a word, Robin."

"That's none of your concern." Damian's arms mimicked mine as they crossed over his chest.