Ch. 2 ~The Edge of Tonight~

The soft grass crunch under Y/N weight as he lay underneath it. Under the darken sky he could feel nearby trees swinging to the wind, almost as if it was lulling him to a goodnight sleep. But he couldn't sleep even if he wanted to. He came here to think peacefully without anything distracting him. But he can't. He can't think without thinking of the negatives in his life. Even trying to get away from it all, it will come to you like a moth drawn to a flame.

From where he lays he could see the traffic lights, it changes from red to yellow and finally green. He stares at it as it repeated its cycle. The longer he stares the longer the sad truth dawned on him. His life is basically a routine like a traffic light. Everyday it's all the same. Go to work for almost 20 hours a day just to keep a roof over his head and some warm food, then if his lucky he could sleep and dream a better life. His all alone. No parents or friends. He just wants someone beside him but he knows he lost it a long time ago.

Nobody needs me, Nobody will miss me

Y/N open his eyes and release a sigh as he looks at the night sky.

"Can anybody hear me? , " He whisper to the stars. "Or am I talking to myself. "

                           ***

Lauren look up and found a small and empty park. Deciding to have another lonely night, she went in. The lampposts lit up the pavement of the park Lauren walked in. She felt the night air seeping up her arms then her neck making her shiver but she walked forward.

Eventually, Lauren found a park bench to sit on. Pulling up her legs to her chest and up above the wooden bench, she let out a sigh as her arms wrapped around her knees tightly.

She could already feel the tears begging to come out of her eyes but held them back. She doesn't want to cry again over someone who doesn't care about her. She has everything anyone could have ask for. Great friends, money, adoring fans, and loving family.

Then why do I feel so alone? She thought.

Soft but noticeable footsteps broke Lauren out of her thoughts. Looking up she froze, the first thing that pops into her mind is that a paparazzi followed her, but she soon calmed down when she saw a man walking past her with his head down.

Lauren didn't know why she said the next words that comes out of her mouth. Maybe she was concern with the most emptiest look she has seen in her life, or maybe she just wants to have a conversation with someone who doesn't know her or care about her reputation.

"Are you okay? " She asks.

The man stopped walking but he didn't turned around. Now Lauren could feel her nerves turning on. She is talking to a stranger. He could be a killer for all she knows or even a damn terrorist.

"Are you talking to me? " The man ask as he turn around.

When the man turned around Lauren didn't know why but she felt her heart flutter and her nerves ease at just the sight of his eyes.

Lauren nodded and smile. "Yeah, are you okay? "

The man looks momentarily surprised before it was replaced with a blank look. "I'm fine. "

Lauren look down, now, not knowing what else to say and maybe she was a little intimidated by his stare.

"What about you, are you okay? " The man ask, stuffing his hands on the pockets of his jeans.

Lauren was about to respond the same thing but she thought twice about it. Why would she lie? She wanted to talk to someone who knows nothing about her and who won't judge her.