Ch. 14 ~Night Changes~

A/N: Sorry my beautiful readers for taking a damn long time to update! But today I'll double update (Which I haven't done since stronger) to make up lost time. Enjoy :)

-B

"How old are you? "

"How did you two meet? "

"Did you two fuck already? "

Y/N choke on his juice at the last question. Lauren patted his back not looking embarrassed at all.

"Dinah! "

"What, Al's? It's just a normal question to ask. " Dinah said, casually taking a bite of her burger.

Ally groan, "Lauren has a boyfriend, and you don't know Y/N enough to ask such questions. "

"Y/N already considers me his friend. Ain't that right, Y/N? " Dinah ask with an raise eyebrow.
"Uhh... "

"You scared him, D. "

"Oh, like you ain't scared of this. " Dinah flex her arms.

Normani rolls her eyes, "If you wanna see muscles than you should have just asked me, D. "

Dinah glares at her while Normani just continue scrolling through her phone.

"Kids. " Ally sigh, before smiling at Y/N. "So Y/N, how did you and Lauren meet? "

Y/N pause. He doesn't know whether he should tell the truth. It wasn't exactly a safe place to meet. Late at night, walking in a city where trouble could appear at dark corners. And judging from Lauren's friends Y/N could tell there close, and if they don't know how they met than that means Lauren didn't tell them anything. He doesn't want to stir any unnecessary trouble.

"Oh,... Um-we met... Uh " Y/N stumble through his words, trying to think of a lie.

"We met at a park. I was just wondering around and we bump into each other. One thing led to another... And here we are now. " Lauren grin, her hand still on Y/N back.

Y/N gulp down his juice in one gulp before nodding to Lauren's statement. "Yup, that's how it all happened. " It wasn't a lie but it wasn't fully the truth.

Ally smile brightly, ignoring the other two in the background who started bickering about who dances the best. "That's great. It's not everyday you meet a 'hero' in the street. "

Y/N grimace at the word hero but Lauren smirk.

"My little hero. " Lauren said, her grip on Y/N back tightened. "Just my personal hero. "

"Someone's possessive. " Dinah mumble.

Lauren raise her eyebrows, "Well he's my hero anyway. Unless you have anything to say? "

Dinah raise her hands in mock surrender. "No, he's yours. "

"Good. " Lauren smile as Y/N look anywhere but her hypnotic eyes.

•••

"Are you tired of life? "

Y/N look away from the stars above and face a thoughtful Lauren. Both Y/N and Lauren are now on the roof, laying down closely to one another.

"Sometimes... " Y/N stop and thought of his unfair bosses and shitty paycheck. "Okay maybe most of the time. "

"Me too, " Lauren said, looking down at her hands as if admitting a crime.

Y/N wanted to hug her but he doesn't know if it's okay to do that (Heck! He's doesn't know if their friends even. )

"It's okay to say you're tired of life. We're only human after all. " Y/N said, watching closely at Lauren.