Ch. 32 ~So Close~

"You need money? "

"No,"

"Then what? As much as I like to see you - I hate waiting. "

Of course. Adam was never a patient guy. Even back in the day he was an impulsive person. Never thinking of the consequences and just taking the multiples backfires in the end.

"I want you to leave. "

"Leave? " Adam raise one perfect eyebrow. "You and I both know that's never happening. Someone has to make sure you aren't gonna disappear. "

"What I meant was, " I raise one finger in the air and pointed it at his face. "You stop playing mind games with Lauren. That wasn't part of our deal. "

"You and sister made the deal. " Adam said before pointing his own finger at me. "Not you and I brother. " Then he smiled at my pained face.

"What do you want? "

He made a thinking face but I already saw the familiar look in his dark eyes. "I don't want anything. But I will tell you something for free. "

°°°

"Well well if it ain't the runner, " Dylan said as I entered the lonely bistro.

I wince not at his words but at the person beside him. "Yeah, I decided to follow the concept of 'Maze Runner'. You know without all the infected and crazy people who wants to save the world- "

"Sit. " Emma said and I didn't wait a second longer.

"So..." I scratch my neck as I felt their eyes on me. "I don't really know where to start. "

"Start with the beginning. " Emma said with Dylan nodding at her words.

I sigh and retold my story for the first time. If felt weird as I watched them listen and took in the details of my past. To recount every pain, lonliness, and tears made me shift in my seat as I saw them glance at each other. Still, I continued until I reach the moment I met Lauren.

"You two met at a park? " Dylan said with wide amuse eyes. "Then became friends? Just like that? "

"I guess? "

"Wow " Dylan blew an exasperated breath. "That must be fate playing games. "

"Enough Dyl, " Emma said reprimandedly. "Continue Y/N. "

As much as I didn't want to continue I know I need to do it. There weren't any parts I left out as I recall my limited moments with the green eyed woman. Each time I talked about her is like a needle in my heart which poke and stitch up at my organ like some masochistic addiction. A bittersweet feeling.

"The End, " I said, my cheeks a little red from being out of breath and embarrassed at my own life story.

"So in short: you love her but she loves Harry more. " Dylan said mercilessly before grimacing at Emma's deserving backhand to his head. "Ouch! "

"What's your plan? " Emma ask and for the first time I saw her eyes soften. "We're with you you know. No matter the choice you make we'll support you. "

"Yeah mate, " Dylan wince as he rubbed the back of his head before grinning widely showing off his perfect teeth. "But I do prefer going out blazing. "

"You're in luck Dylan, " I said grinning back. "I do have a plan which needs the two perfect friends of mine assistance. "

°°°

My hand held a picture of a familiar brunette smiling innocently with her hand thrown over her younger sister with her parents behind them. It was like seeing my own reflection.