Ch. 7 ~Hanging by a Moment~

A/N: Well I found some free time to write this chapter but the next one is gonna be hard to write since I'm gonna do either something huge or.... Not. Enjoy this earlier planned update. Oh and Merry early Christmas and New Year.

-B

"What's your picture perfect moment? "

Y/N turn his head away from the stars towering above them and turn a confuse look onto an amuse green eyed beauty. They both lay under the grass with no care in the world except for each other company.

"What's a 'picture perfect moment'? " Y/N ask with furrowed eyebrows.

Lauren grin, "There's just a moment in time where everything just. . .fits, you know? And your mind just captures the moment your in and will store it until the day you die. "

"Is it all good or. . .are there bad one's? "

Lauren's grin falter for a moment before changing into a soft smile, "There are bad one's I'll admit but that's just life. Everyone has problems but you can't let that dictate your life. It's like. . .having your favorite ice cream slip from your hands. You can't let that stop you from having another happy moment in life with an ice cream. You must fight for your happiness and not let it go. "

Turning his head away from the pair of eyes staring straight at his soul, he look at his pair of dirty fading sneakers.

"What. . .What if someone is just not meant for happiness? "

A soft and gentle hand touches Y/N taking him by surprise. Lauren gave Y/N a gentle smile that made Y/N thought about what Lauren said earlier about a 'picture perfect moment'. The smile would have been enough for Y/N to remember for days to come but a soft and warm hand encase with his and that smile that could entrance people like the sun entrance the flowers of spring made him think he could remember this moment forever.

"Everyone has the chance to be happy Y/N but not everyone takes the chance. Don't let your fear take control. "

"Its hard not to. . . " Y/N whisper but Lauren heard it.

Lauren look at Y/N with a look he didn't recognize, "Then I'll show you how to be free of your demons. "

"Mr. Y/LN stop daydreaming and get back to work! "

A person being jolted awake is not a good way to wake up especially after a whole week of waiting for someone in the middle of the night and not having them show does take a toll on a person.

"I'm up. . . I'm up, " Y/N groggily said, as he stood up from the steel chair he slept in.

Mr. Anderson shook his head as he pinch the bridge of his nose in frustration, "Your break was over 10 minutes ago. I only have much patience with your incompetence Mr. Y/LN. "

Despite his grogginess Y/N said, "It won't happen again Mr. Anderson. I . . . I Just fell asleep. "

"It better not happen again. I don't pay you to slack off. " With a last warning glare Mr. Anderson left the break room.

Deciding to take a few seconds to get the sleep out of his eyes Y/N sat back down at the steel chair. He lean back at the cold chair and rub the sleep out of his eyes breathing out a tired sigh in the process.

"Why can't I just forget about her? " Y/N muttered. "She did it to me easily. So, why can't I do the same? "

Looking at the clock hanging against the plain white walls Y/N release another sigh.