Ch. 20 ~Youth~

After the 'incident' — which Y/N wants to erase in his mind — he entered the tallest building in the avenue. His heart still pounding, but not as fast as earlier when he woke up.

Maybe Ally did help, He thought for a second before shivering. Then again that was something I can never erase

"Uhm, " Y/N cleared his throat as he nervously drum his fingers on the receptionist desk. "I, uh, was recommended by Sarah? "

The young receptionist turn her attention away from her computer before focusing her warm brown eyes towards a nervous Y/N.

"Your name is Y/N — am I correct? " She asks kindly.

Y/N nodded with a strain smile, "Yes I am. "

"Please wait a moment, " She smile once before typing away at her computer.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

The sound of Y/N heartbeat started rising again. It's only natural since this interview is his big chance to regain some honor to his name; but it still doesn't ease his nerves seeing the well off people in their $1000 suits compares to his knock off ones.

"Please follow me, Y/N, " The young receptionist stood up from her seat and made her way towards the double set of elevators with Y/N in tow.

"Uh thanks... "

"Call me Elizabeth, " Elizabeth said with a bright smile as she press the top most button in the elevator's console.

"Thank you, Elizabeth, " Y/N said, a little grateful at his luck. His heart started to relax at the kind and easy going aura surrounding the young woman.

She shook her head still smiling, "It's not a problem. "

The elevator started going up, and so's Y/N heartbeat. One of these days Y/N is sure he's gonna need a new heart.

A few times before reaching their designated floor; the elevator stop to collect it's everyday visitors, before releasing them back to their everyday routine.

Few years ago: Y/N hated that. Having an ordinary job while wearing tight suits and pants. The whole concept of it just makes Y/N feel trap like a bird in it's unbreakable cage.

But things change. He changed. What's important now is not having a cool job or an adventurous one; but a job that supports him and his needs.

Even if it means putting aside his dreams.

The elevator release a loud 'ding' before stopping smoothly.

"This is it, " Elizabeth said as the elevator doors open soundlessly. "Just head straight through those double set of doors. "

"Thank you, " Y/N nodded his head towards Elizabeth gratefully before exiting the elevator with his cane as his new guide.

"Oh Y/N, " Y/N turn back around and saw a smile on Elizabeth's lips. "Good luck, "

Somehow those words have more meaning than Camila's 'Good luck'.

Y/N wave back once towards Elizabeth before the elevator close once more.

Taking a deep breath Y/N gave himself a pep talk as he slow walk towards the huge set of mahogany doors.

"I need this job. No, I want this job. This job gives out more money then any job I had combined. I need this. I got this. The hours isn't even that bad compared to the late hours Mr. Anderson gives. "

If people saw Y/N walking slowly while muttering to himself crazily while his eyes held a insane, anxious look: then without a doubt he would be place in an asylum within an hour.