Ch. 9 ~Rock Bottom~

"But Mrs. Bryant-"

"My word is word Mr. Y/LN. You have one week to pack up your things and leave. "

The door slam shut as Mrs. Bryant left. Cracks and faded paint lines up against the old door and onto the walls which would make other people be miserable at their poorness, but not Y/N anymore. A few hours before he was dreading his shitty apartment but not anymore. He has been taking everything for granted. His shitty apartment, his shitty job, shitty paycheck, and. . .Lauren.

Y/N shook his head at the beautiful name and gorgeous person behind it. "I can't think about her. I have enough problems than it is. "

He looked around his shitty apartment with despair. A week from now he has no place to stay. He could barely afford this place with his bills and personal necessities. How much would it take for another apartment?

Y/N rub his temples as a headache started forming. "God, I thought I hated this apartment but transferring to another one with higher rent is hell. "

The sound of a creak echoed around the room as Y/N sat on one of the three chairs he had. He propped his arms on the small table in front of him as a tired sigh escaped his dry lips. His tired of everything. It feels like everything is against him. No matter how much he suffers the days doesn't get better. Time doesn't help all people.

A bark and four pair of legs trotted over Y/N. Franky's black curious eyes stare at Y/N as he sat on the floor comfortably, his tongue lolling out from his mouth as he inhale and exhale.

"Hey boy, " Y/N half smile and patted Franky's soft fur, "Don't worry about anything. I'll find us another place to stay. "

Franky gave out a bark and nuzzle Y/N hand before running across the room.

Y/N sigh as he buried his face in his hands. "What am I going to do? "

Minutes pass as Y/N stayed in that position, his head pounding and back aching. The endless problems he has never ends — not even for a day.

As Y/N was gonna release another sigh his phone vibrated in his jeans. He took it out and immediately swore under his breath.

Standing up hastily; Y/N shouted a goodbye to Franky and lock the door on his way out. He ran down the stairs passing a couple of neighbors who stare at him as he zoom pass them. Pushing past the double doors of the apartment; Y/N ran down street after street without stopping for a breath.

Minutes pass by before Y/N arrived at his destination. Sweat drip down his body as his lungs took a ragged state. Forcing his body upright — he entered the only place he enjoyed working.

Bookshelves upon bookshelves line the library Y/N worked in. He could feel his body relaxing as he took in the feel of being surrounded by thousands of books. Every time Y/N would have a bad day he could always count on books to escape from his troubles — but that was before Lauren came in his life and became his own comfort.

Y/N shook his head as he climb a set of carpeted stairs, "Not her, especially now, "

Upon reaching the fifth floor; Y/N gather his nerves as he pass several different doors with nameplates in perfect calligraphy. Y/N ignore the other people talking and bustling as he walk quickly to a familiar door that had a golden nameplate shining under the sunlight that came from the glass window beside it.

Mrs. Warren

Mrs. Warren was not an unfair or mean boss like Mr. Anderson, instead she's always smiling at her employees and at anybody who enters the library.

So all Y/N knows is that as long as he will explain his abrupt absence yesterday; everything will be fine.

Taking a deep breath he knock once and entered the office. With his head down he explained everything; determined to keep his job and on Mrs. Warren good side.