Ch. 33 ~Sad Song~

A/N: Happy New year my beautiful readers! I hope y'all are having a good time with friends and families.

-B

"Goddamit, " Lauren muttered as she rubbed her eyes. "Stupid body. "

The tiredness and fatigue the young woman felt already annoyed her to no ends. Added to the fact that she can't stop thinking of one person who ticks her off more than Camila's corny jokes; but sadly she can't give a fake laugh at this.

"Hey Lauren, " A tap at her door made her look up. "How are ya? "

"Really D, " Lauren glared unintentionally at her friend. "Do I look smiley and shit? "

"Okay bad question, " Dinah raised her hands and entered the room with no permission. "But you can talk to me you know, "

"Yeah thanks! " Lauren said with a mocking smile that made Dinah frown. "What I need is a gun and knife. "

"How would that help? " Dinah says sitting beside the brooding raven haired girl.

"A knife to cut that manhood Y/N has and a gun to shoot that heartless heart he has. " Lauren spat.

"Damn..."

Both girls kept silent; the blonde lost for words while the raven haired fed her strong desire for blood - or maybe just one broken bone will do if she ever sees him again.

"Well you know you haven't been all that good too, " By the time Dinah got her words out she regretted it when Lauren stares at her coldly.

"What do you mean Hansen? "

Dinah sighs and thinks it's better to be just blunt about things. "You love Harry - that much is clear. Then we have Camila - which is pretty complicated. And lastly we have Y/N - the person you've been leading in circles. "

"Get out. "

"What- "

"Get the hell out! " Lauren stood up and glared daggers.

Dinah open her mouth before closing it with a sigh. Her body was slump as she left but her words are as clear as day. "You know I'm right, "

Once the room was empty Lauren was left sitting at her bedroom floor. She looks from wall to wall before deciding the ceiling was the best thing. The concept of staring at nothing always made her restless but now it seems a relaxing job.

"Damn day, " Lauren said to herself. Her hands already found themselves clawing at the sides of her pajamas. "This day can't get any fucking worst. "

Slowly time passes by before she felt her eyes closed.

"Lauren, " A hand gently shook her awake. "Wake up, "

"Shut up, " Lauren mumbles rolling away from the hand. "I'm still pissed Dinah, "

"I'm surely not Dinah, " The voice chuckled deeply.

Lauren shot up awake. "Y/N? "

"Hey Green eyes, " Y/N waved smilingly.

Lauren's eye twitch and the next thing she knew her body jumped on top of Y/N with her hands pounding hard on his face and chest.

"You fucking asshole! How could you just drop out of the Earth?! We were so worried! " With each word Lauren's voice got louder and louder. Her hands already slapped and punched Y/N but the latter only laid there. "I was worried. "

"I know. " Y/N said softly with a wince as Lauren landed a hit at his cheek. "Ow! That's really painful Lo. "

"Damn right it is! " Lauren spat but stopped. Her breathing is already ragged and her throat already form an uncomfortable lump. She tightened her grip on Y/N shirt and stared piercingly at his downcasted eyes. "How- why....why " Lauren took a deep breath, "Tell me why? "

When Y/N didn't answer quickly enough for Lauren's liking she took Y/N jaw with her fingers and forced his eyes to look at her. "Answer me. "

Y/N closed his eyes and just as Lauren was gonna slap some shit at him he surprised her by opening his eyes and staring back at her with the same pained eyes.

"I tried. I tried so hard you know. " Y/N whispered the words so softly Lauren barely heard it. "But it hurt me more when you ignored me for weeks. "

"What are you talking about? " Lauren said frustrated. "I don't understand. "

"I love you. "

It took a moment for the words to sink in to Lauren and when it did she laugh. Boisterous. Snorting. Loud.

"What a joke. " Lauren stood up and jump back at her bed. She was already staring back at the ceiling like before.

Y/N never averted his gaze from the woman in front of him. "It's no joke. I love you. " He sat beside her and took her hand.

"It's not funny anymore, Y/N, " Lauren hiss as she push his hand away. "If you don't want to tell me the truth then fine. "

"I am- "

"Leave. "

"Lauren- "

"Leave! "

"Listen- "

"Leave! " Lauren jump out of her bed and shove him towards the door. "That's what your so good at right? Then fucking leave me. "

"I'm tired of feeling alone Lauren. " Y/N pulled her hips close to his hearing his favorite little gasp that escape her red lips.

For a moment Lauren only stared at him. But it was clear to her Y/N wasn't lying. His words are filled to the brim with emotion and his eyes look imploringly towards her. She soften.

"There's always something pulling us apart Y/N and I'm tired of fighting for the both of us. " Her eyes shine brightly under the moonlight. "I feel like a sad song that's being played over and over again. "

Y/N felt her heartbeat beating next to his as he stare straight at her eyes. "Then let me be the one to stop it. "

It was a tense moment for the both of them. This was it. All their emotions out in the air. There's no more excuses or interruptions to ruin their moment. The air in the room felt like a vacuum that's sucking all the words for Lauren. She has so many things to say, but she knows she has to choose her words. It can never be just them.

"I'm engaged, Y/N, " Lauren took his hands away from her waist and held it in her hands. It felt soft and warm. "I love Harry. "

"Okay. "

Lauren raised her eyebrows, "Okay? "

Y/N nodded with a smile, "Go on a date with me, "

"What? " Lauren ask mystified with the man in front of her. "Did you hit your head or something? "

"We're friends, right? " Y/N step closer towards the woman he loves. "Friends hang out. And plus, it's Christmas Eve. "

"My family would want me by them. " Lauren said quickly thinking of an excuse. It wasn't totally a lie but she knows they spend Christmas day in the morning together.

"I already ask them, " Y/N said smirking at the disbelief look on Lauren. "You guys celebrate Christmas in the morning. "

"Tonight, I have you all to myself. "

Before Lauren could say anything else Y/N took her hand and drag her away from her room and down her and the girls apartment.

"Where are we going? " Lauren ask once they were outside.

Y/N look back at her as she followed behind - not like she had a choice though.

"Where we first met, " Y/N replied smiling back at her. It was a different smile than all the others he gave her. It's a smile only couple's gives each other.

"Okay, " Friends, Lauren repeated. "Let's go. "