Ch. 17 ~Love Drunk~

Contentment: The state of being happy and satisfied. That's what Lauren feels right now as she stared at Y/N sleeping form. The way his chest rises and falls; the way his eyebrows would furrowed occasionally; and his light snores that never cease to make Lauren chuckle.

Why am I even staring at him? Lauren thought, distractedly. Even when his asleep, I do weird things around him.

Lauren shouldn't be here. She shouldn't be at Camila's apartment at 2:00 in the morning. Heck, she shouldn't be in another guy's bed unless it's Harry. There's a lot of things Lauren shouldn't be doing. But, when it comes to Y/N, the guy who never fails to make her smile, she finds herself breaking all her rules.

"What are you doing to me? " Lauren whisper, as her finger traces Y/N cheek.

Then; as if God finally gave Lauren some sense; she retracted her hand and move a few inches away from Y/N.

Lauren closes her eyes and forces her mind to empty. It took some time but slowly she could feel her consciousness slipping.

"Lauren, " Her eyes pop open at the voice. She turn around but Y/N was sleeping soundlessly and peacefully.

He's dreaming of me, Lauren's heart beat faster than usual at the thought.

"Lauren, " The deepness and huskiness of his voice made Lauren more restless.

Her eyes travel back to Y/N sleeping form. His peaceful face made Lauren smile adoringly at him. It was a sight that made Lauren treasure. The past few months was a struggle for Y/N. With his recovery and therapy; its a miracle he could walk. Without meaning to — truthfully! — Lauren's eyes caught Y/N parted lips. Open and close. In and out. That's what Y/N lips did as he inhaled and exhaled.

"Soft... " Lauren's eyes became wide once she became aware of her fingers tracing Y/N lips.

So wrong, Lauren's finger circled Y/N lip as if it's some art; gently but greedily.

Lauren shook her head as if in a trance before standing up. What is that man doing to her mind? Ever since meeting him nothings been right for her head. All the late nights spent thinking of him. The days where she daydreams being by his side. The feeling she has feels like the one she felt with....

"fuck! " The familiar voice is followed by a loud thud from downstairs.

Lauren glances back at Y/N and still finds him sleeping like a baby. She smiles at his peaceful face before checking the noise.

It wasn't hard for Lauren to walk the dark hallways. It's like muscle memory. All those times she spent laughing and running the hallways is still in her memories. No matter how much she wants to forget them.

"Fuck... Shit.... Damn it! " Multiple curses followed as the sound of a glass breaking echoed the silent apartment.

Before entering the living room; Lauren takes a peek from a corner. It takes a few squints before Lauren made out the outline of a slump body besides the couch. The longer Lauren stares the longer she recognizes the person to be...

"Camila? "

The person groan before raising their head. "W-who's there? "

Lauren didn't answer. From her spot and the darkness surrounding them she's sure Camila wouldn't see her: especially in her drunken state.

"I said who's there. " Camila stood up so fast that she stumbles back in the ground.

Lauren held back her tongue as she hears Camila's groans of pain. Lauren could leave the younger girl to suffer like Camila did to her all those years.