Ch. 8 ~Standing in the Dark~

Running with short heels weren't easy or fun to begin with. But Lauren didn't care. All she could think about is Y/N. She couldn't believe she had forgotten about him. The person that was there for her when nobody was. The person she could talk to without feeling like being judge or scrutinized.

"Fuck! " Lauren couldn't help but shout in frustration.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. That's all Lauren could think about herself as she sped through street after street and building after building. The lampposts in the streets gave enough light for Lauren to know she's a few blocks out from the park.

What if he's not there? What if he gave up? What if-

Lauren shook her head from her agonizing thoughts. She couldn't think about that now. If she does she wouldn't stop crying.

A few more minutes Lauren arrived outside the park entrance. The trees in the park gave an ominous dark feeling that made goosebumps arise on Lauren's neck.

How many nights did Y/N wait here alone? Did he stay all night long? Did he think I stood him up?

The thought of him being alone in the middle of the night with no one by his side thinking she forgot about him brought pain to Lauren. Even though it was true it doesn't help the guilt in Lauren's heart.

"I'm so sorry Y/N, " Lauren whisper as she brought up her knees to her chest as the park bench crunch at the movement. "I'm so sorry. "

Time move slowly for Lauren. It felt like it was mocking her for forgetting about Y/N. She doesn't blame it. She could only hope and pray he would come and maybe forgive her for her stupidity.

Her fingers subconsciously went to her hair; clawing and tangling it into knots of frustration.

"How could I forget? " Lauren whisper harshly to herself. "How could I have forgotten? "

Every few seconds her eyes would travel to the entrance but ended up sighing in the end when all it showed an empty spot. Her leg bounce up and down but she didn't care about the stupid habit now. Just as her eyes were about to travel again to the park's entrance her phone vibrated inside her purse.

Harry: Where are you Laur?

Lauren ignore the message and continue bouncing her leg hoping it would ease her nerves.

Harry: All the girls are worried Laur. Please say something.

Rubbing her forehead in frustration—with one hand she type a quick response to Harry before closing her phone.

More minutes pass but to Lauren it felt like a century of isolation and solitude. Lauren had her senses on top form as she waited anxiously.

12:20 am

Lauren close her phone ignoring Harry and the girls messages. All she wants is Y/N to be beside her; telling her everything will be alright. Lauren didn't even notice but her eyes slip to a close. She wasn't sleeping but more of imagining. Imagining Y/N with his arms around her and the moonlight shining above their heads. This is heaven, Lauren thought.

"Lauren! "

Lauren's eyes snapped open as she stood up from the old park bench. She look for the voice frantically but the person she found wasn't the one she wanted.

"Harry"

***

"Almost there. "

Y/N ran past sixty-six street in a flash as adrenaline course throughout his body. He could not help but think Lauren is there waiting for him. He doesn't know how to explain it but he just can feel it. It may be a stupid thing running to the park, since there's at least seven more blocks to go, but Y/N does not care. The faster he sees Lauren the better.