Ch. 23 ~Complicated~

A/N: Double update! I'm on a roll with updating this book since putting this on hold for so long. Also I have a clear picture with the ending for this. Enjoy my beautiful readers!

-B

The way to someone's heart is through kindness. Even at a young age Y/N could remember his mother teaching him this fact. If you want someone to like you, either romantically or platonically, you be good to them.

But then why is he having a hard time with the people around him?

Over the past week since hearing Taylor's words his mind has been occupied with disarray thoughts. Not only that, his new "temporary" boss has been working him through hell and back.

Again he wonders hard why the people around him are such.

"Slacker! "

Inside he sigh but outside he showed a smile, "Yes, Mr. Warren, how can I help you? "

Kyle smiled back, "I want you to organise these papers by date and sign off these — I want all of these to be done before the end of the day. "

In front of Y/N are two mountain pile of paperwork. The sharpness and plainness of the papers mocked him as if it was futile to even think of finishing the load of pile. All in all it would probably take him all night to finish everything.

Seeing the look on Y/N face Kyle smiled, "You can stay here for the night slacker. "

Inside Y/N scream but outside he nodded like a worker with high regards to his boss. "Of course Mr. Warren. "

When Kyle finally left Y/N slump in his seat like a boxer getting a beat down after a bloody round but instead of a bruise body his insides are aching and cracking.

After a few seconds of just closing his eyes and slumping in his chair Y/N open them and found himself lost in a daze as he stared at the ceiling.

There was nothing special about the ceiling. Just a plain white ceiling like any other. But it was the very reason Y/N was lost in it.
How many times has he repeated these actions? Staring at nothing and hoping for things to change.

"Oh my, " Y/N muttered, "I am pathetic. "

Few more minutes past as Y/N kept thinking of ways to fix everything, but deep inside he already knew the outcome.

•••

"That will be... "

Y/N barely heard what the rest of the stall attendee said. Handing a five dollar bill and shoving the rest of the change in his pocket, Y/N finds an empty bench. With his hotdog in a bun Y/N took his seat at the bench.

The roughness of the bench was a welcome change of the soft seats at the office. And also the bench reminded Y/N of a memory that never fails to make him smile.

"Excuse me, "

Looking up Y/N saw an old man with a white polo short and black dress pants. The rather old man had a kind smile which was a relief considering all the things Y/N had to suffer in the span of a week.

"How can I help? "

The old man gesture towards the space of the bench which was empty, "Can I join you young man? "

"Of course, please sit, " Y/N replied honestly.

Sounds of bird chirping echoed in the distance; the yellowish rays of the sun blended perfectly with the blue pond in front; kids and adults ran, and laugh a few meters away; everything was a picture perfect in this moment — but all Y/N felt was confusion and uneasiness at everything.