~Prologue~

"Darling you look perfect tonight, " Y/N sang softly into Lauren's ear.

Lauren could feel her breath hitch, her cheeks flush, and her heart pound loudly. She has so many things she wants to say but she can't.

"Well I found a woman stronger than anyone I know, " Lauren felt Y/N smile against her cheek as they sway to the music.

She could still hear the soft but powerful voice of Ed Sheeran playing in the background but everything in her is focused on Y/N. The man who stole her heart. The man who mended her heart when she needed it the most. The man who has loved her for her, and not what she has achieved and earned. The man who forgiven her many times then she could remember even when she didn't deserved it.

"I found a lover, to carry more than just my secrets, to carry love, to carry children of our own, " Lauren could feel her heart twist as Y/N sang the words with so much emotion.

Lauren stopped swaying causing Y/N to look up and stare at her teary eyes.

She knows whatever they had in the past is gone. No matter how much they want to fix it. All the promises they made are broken. All the things they did will just be fragments of their broken memories. All the 'I love you' they said will just be empty words.

She's tired of fighting for something that is broken.

Different emotions flicker through Lauren's eyes but one stood out for Y/N; guilt.

"I'm so sorry Y/N, " Lauren sob out as she ran away from the only person who was always there for her.