Chapter 4 - Weird Changes

Violet Ashlock

I looked at myself through the mirror to check if everything is perfect or not. I smiled and turned my body around to see the whole look. Today I'm wearing a really beautiful white jumpsuit. I tied my hair on the lower back and put on my makeup on. I sprayed some perfume and took my white clutch with me. I've already put my phone, money, cards and everything I need inside.

 I've already put my phone, money, cards and everything I need inside

I walked towards my car and go straight to the event. It's a business event, it's more like a gathering between business people. I bet you all wondering why I'm here? Well I'm Ashlock's one and only heirest. Ashlock is one of the most biggest oil company along with the 7 Gold Lifes not just that.. We have 5 assembeled factories for phones and cars in China.

Today my parents won't attend the event because they will be at Greece having their holiday. I was the one who suggested that because they always work. They're getting old.. so they need it.

I got out from the car and told my chauffer not to wait for me. He can go home straight away. I walked inside the venue.

"Ms. Ashlock, it's good to see you and you look stunning as always."

"Well thankyou Mr. Beginburk. You look handsome as always. How are you?" I smiled to him.

"I'm good, you know I'm getting old and old everyday."

"Oh Mr. Beginburk, you're not old!"

"I told you.." Will joined and Will here is my partner for a lot of my business. He's a really good and fun man to be with. He's going to get married next month too.

"Oh.. William.. Speaking of William.. How's the farm going?" He asked.

"Farm?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah, he just opened a new division."

"Yeah.. It's just open like 2 months ago and it's going up quite well." He said and I smiled.

"Everything will always work with you.. He's smart.. right Mr. Beginburk?" I asked and the old man nodded.

"See."

"Well.. Thankyou.." I left them talking and I mingled with other people as well until someone decided to slipped his arm around my waist.

"Get it off from my waist, I don't talk and deal with fuck boys." I said in a really arrogant tone. I didn't even need to look at him to know who he is.

"Well.. You wound me, Violet."

"Call me Ms. Ashlock. We're not in a term where we can call each other's first name, Mr. Portwalt." I said in a really annoying tone towards him. I walked away and tried to mingle with others but Austin kept following me which is annoying.

"Violet!" I turned to see my old highschool friend James.

"James!" I hugged him tightly.

"Hey.. how are you?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Been good, how about you?"

"Well.. I'm great." I said and suddenly Austin slipped his arm around my waist again. I turned to him and looked at him coldly.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Violet's friend."

"Let's get a drink and talk outside." I pushed Austin aside and held James's hand. I pulled him away and not even caring about Austin. He's a jerk.

Me and James talked a little bit and catched up a lot of thing. It's been a long time since I saw him.. 2 years.. maybe. We walked inside the venue again and apparently he has to talk to few investor here and there so I let him go instead keeping him all night.

"Alone?" I rolled my eyes and sipped my wine.

"Well.. a cold shoulder again from the princess.." I turned to him and suddenly he pinned me againts the wall. My eyes widen and looked at him disbelief.

"What are you doing?" I hissed and he smirked.

"Well.. I was a little dissapointed that you didn't come yesterday." He said and leaned closer to me. I was so captivated by his eyes and my breath got hitch. I swear.. no man can make me feel like this. I've been trying to find someone who can give me this feeling but no one can give me this beside Austin.

"I bet you fuck another girl so why do you even expecting me to come anyway?" I said coldly.

"Violet.. I was waiting for you.." What?!

"What kind of bullsh-" He cut me by crashing his lips to mine. My body totally numb because of it and just.. totally melted. I kissed him back and he pulled me closer. I realized that this isn't right.. I know that Austin is not interested in me but suddenly.. I tried to push him away but he kissed me more passionately. He slowly trailed down to my neck making me moaned. Gosh.. thank God we're not inside.

"Austin.."

"Hmm?"

"Austin.. We need to-" He kissed my lips again shutting me up and I was so drowned by his kisses until I don't even care.

"You look so beautiful tonight." He said between kisses. I put my glass of wine aside and cupped his face to stopped him.

"I'm Violet.. if you're drunk and mistaken me by som-"

"Violet.. I'm sober. Completely sober.." He smirked and kissed me again but I stopped him.

"What's with you?" I asked because I felt weird again. He took my hand and pulled me outside the building. He asked thre valet chauffer to take his car.

"Austin.. Wh-"

"Babe.. Stop asking me that topic. I just realize that I've been slipping away a one beautiful smart and proper girl so I won't let you slip from my eyes again." He said that in a really sexy tone and his eyes looked straight to mine making me.. melt.. oh boy..

"You haven't eat right?" He asked and I shook my head.

"We'll go to my apartment and I'll cook for you." His apartment? My breath got hitch thinking what will happen if a guy and a woman in one apartm- okay! Shut it! Think straight Violet!

"Let's go."