Chapter 11 - Sick

Austin Portwalt

"Violet.. Violet.." I called her as I walked into my apartment in New York. Where is she?

"Violet.." I called again and looked around the living room and the kitchen but none. I walked inside my room and saw she was laying on my bed.

"Violet." I called but there's no answer from her. I walked towards her and she's sleeping.. wait.. why is her face so pale and she's sweating? I quickly put the back of my hand to her forhead. It's burning..

"Violet.. Violet.." I called and shook her body. She opened her eyes.

"Hmm?"

"You're sick.. Let's go to the hospital." I said and she shook her head.

"You're burning and your face l-"

"Can you shut up and just hug me to sleep?" She said and I found myself taking off my shoes. I laid myself in the middle and pulled her near to me. I hugged her and I felt her body so hot against mine. She put her left hand on my chest and I quickly hold it.

"Just stay.. please." She begged.

"I won't go anywhere, I promise." I said and I looked sown to her. Her face was still pale as a corpse. I put her hair out of her face and just looked at her.

Getting married in 2 months, making deals here and there.. get more money.. divorce. Divorce was the only thing in my mind. After marrying Violet, I will divorce in no time. Currently I want a deal from York Company or York Corp and it's the hardest deal ever. The 7 Gold Lifes got the deal with him and the profit is just.. wow.

Suddenly Violet moved in her sleep and I calmed her down. I put her hand down on my chest and i'm slowly drifting to sleep too.

I slowly opened my eyes and turned to Vi- none. She's gone. I got up from my bed and walked out from my room. I saw her sleeping at the sofa alone with no blanket. I raised my eyebrows and walked to her. I picked her up and walked towards my bedroom. I put her on my bed and pulled the blanket up.

I looked at her and her face still paled as a corpse. I took my phone and walked out from my room.

"Hey Kenneth.. You know a doctor around here?"

"You sick?"

"Nah.. Violet is sick."

"Ohhh Violet Ashlock huh? Last time I check you don't want to date?!"

"Shut it Domanco, can you text me the number?"

"Sure do." He ended the call and sent me the number right away. I called the doctor and asked him to come to my apartment to check on Violet. I'm a little worried.

I walked back to my room and found her sitting on my bed looking blankly to the front. I walked to her and sat in front of her.

"You okay? I just called a doctor to check on you." I asked and she just nodded.

"Can you hug me? I feel cold." She set her eyes to mine and I felt hipnotize. I nodded and opened my arms. She moved closed to me. She wrapped her legs around my hips and I hugged her tightly. Her body was burning and I can feel her heart beating against mine.

"Should we go to the hospital?" I asked.

"No." She answered shortly. She suddenly circled her arms around my neck and she looked at me.

"You won't leave me right?" She suddenly asked and I nodded.

"I won't leave you.. that's a promise." I said and she smiled weakly.

"What do you want to eat? I will buy it for you."

"Can you make me a mushroom soup?" She asked and I nodded.

"I'll leave you alone to buy some groceri-" Suddenly the door bell rang, Violet got off me and I walked out from my room. I opened the door because I'm positive that's the doctor. I opened the door and my eyes widen.

"You're the doctor?" I asked.

"And you're the Austin?" He asked and he's the guy who talked to Violet at the beach. I sighed and let him in.

"So Violet is sick?" He asked and I nodded. I walked into my room and Violet's eyes widen when he saw the guy.

"You're a doctor?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm a doctor." He answered and she nodded weakly.

"Let me check you." He started to check on her. Her temperature, blood pressure and just everything.

"Have you been stressing a lot lately?" Marcus asked Violet and she shook her head.

"Well you need a lot of rest because you have a really high fever. I'll give you a medicine and make sure you eat it after your breakfast and dinner." Marcus gave her the medicine and he stood up. He turned to me.

"She needs to drink a lot of water so please give her a lots of warm water. She needs a lot of rest to and don't give her a lot of stress." He said to me and I nodded.

"Thankyou, Marcus." Violet said and I looked at this guy suspiciously when he looked a Violet but I ignored it.

"Thanks." I said and he nodded.

"Get well soon." He said and we walked out together. I paid him and I walked him to the door.

"Take care of her, it's not because she's over work.. she's stressing about something and it might because of the lack of sleeping." He said and I nodded.

"Thanks."

"Once again, Mr. Portwalt.. Please take a good care-"

"I know.. She's my fiance.. I know what I'm doing." I hissed coldly and he nodded. He left and I walked to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and there's ingredients to make the soup. I walked to room and found Violet staring blankly the ceiling.

"Vi, you okay?" I asked and she nodded weakly.

"I'm going to the grocery store buy the ingredients to make a soup. I'll be back okay?" I said and she nodded weakly. I walked out from my room and left without being suspicious with Violet's act.