Chapter 20 - The Pain..

Violet Ashlock

"Happy birthday, my princess." My dad hugged me tightly and I smiled hugging him back.

"Happy birthday, Violet." My mom hugged me tightly too. I lied to Austin about going to the office. The truth is that my parents asked me to spend my birthday with them.

"Where's Austin?"

"He's sick and he said he will have dinner with me later on." I lied. He doesn't even know that today is my birthday.

"Okay then.. let's celebrate." My dad said. We ate brunch together and my mom made a cake for me. They sang a happy birthday song for me and I was so happy to spend my birthday with them.

My dad gave me a necklace as a present and my mom gave me a really special dress that she made herself for me. We talked a lot and they said they can't wait for my wedding. They supported me in everything that I do and the choices that I made. I'm glad that I have a really good parents.

After that Marcus called me wishing me happy birthday and he insisted that he visited me at my office. He gave me a lots of chocolate and even a bear. It surprised me that he knew my birthday and he said that he saw my data in the hospital.

He wishes me to be happy for my wedding which is in a few days and I only can nodded for it. After that I locked myself in my office.

"Violet.. What are you hoping right now? For Austin to know your birthday and surprise you on your birthday? He doesn't even know that today is your birthday." I said to myself. I felt my heart aching so bad and I started to cry.

Violet.. You're crazy. You know you're hurting but you still hanging on to this jerk asshole that doesn't even care about you. Until when you will hang on like this? Until you die, he won't love you Violet. He only has Rose in his heart and it will never change.

I know he was hurted by her that's why he's trying to distract himself with work.. and me. He's working and working to forget the pain of his broken heart.

I cried and cried and cried.. I really can't believe that I'm still here with him and let myself get hurt. I wiped my tears and looked at my phone blankly hoping that Austin message me wishing me a happy birthday but.. it never came.

I walked to the mirror and looked at myself. I looked pathetic and really stupid. My love for Austin is just too big until I hurt myself for this. I sighed and walked back to my chair.

I decided to go home and washed up. I started to do my make up and hair again. I wore a dress and drove to my favorite restaurant to buy some food. I drove my car straight to Austin's apartment.

I walked in and he's still at work. I prepared the food and put it on the dining table. I decorated the table like a candle dinner. I looked at it and sighed.

"Why am I doing this?" I said to myself and I walked towards Austin's room. I sat on the bed and caressed the bed sheet.

"Until when will you see as a game, Austin?" I said trying not to cry because my make up will be ruined.

"Will we be happy?" I asked myself and I sighed big time.

I walked out from his room and sat on the sofa. I looked at it as I rewinded all the time we spent here. We watched movies.. eating.. and again.. in the end of the day.. it's only me who always sincere.

I walked towards the kitchen and opened the fridge to find a beer or something when suddenly the door opened. I closed the fridge and turned my body. Austin walked in and I smiled to him.

"Hey." I said and he walked towards me. He crashed his lips towards mine and I kissed him back.

"You must be hungry.. I bought us dinner."

"You look beautiful but what's today occasion?" He asked and I held his hand pulling him towards the dining table.

"It's 4 days to our wedding, I just want to celebrate it with you before we jump into the hectic crazy activity." I said giving my best smile when all I want to do is cry my heart out.

"I like that idea." He said and I gestured him to sit. We started to eat and talked. He told me about his work today and he seemed to be so happy lately. I wondered how much deals he got these days. He must be so happy because of that.

"Austin.." I said and he looked up to me.

"Hmm?"

"My mom told me that 2 days before the wedding we can't see each other because it will be a bad luck. You'll be okay right?" I asked and he smiled.

"2 days not seeing you? I won't be okay."

"Hey.. I just want to listen to my mom." I said and he nodded.

"I'll be okay.. it's just 2 days besides you'll be mine forever. I'll be okay.. I think." Thanks for saying such a sweet lie, Austin.

"Thankyou for understanding.." I smiled.

"Anything for you.. Violet." No.. it's anything for yourself, Austin. It's always been for yourself only.

"I love you.. Austin Portwalt." It's the truth.

"I love you too, Violet." He smiled and I looked away to hold back my tears.