Chapter 22 - Can't Cope Up

Violet Ashlock

"Everything is set, Ms. Ashlock." My secretary said through the phone.

"Good.. Settle that and send me the file." I said.

"You're still working?" Austin asked.

"I just need to check it and after that I'm done." I smiled to him.

"Good.. because I don't want our work to interupt our wedding." He kissed my cheek and I nodded.

We're currently in Miami checking the wedding venue and everything. We need to make sure that everything is in place because I don't want any imperfection in my wedding.

"Babe.. What do you want to eat? I can ask my secretary to buy it." Austin asked.

"Salad."

"Salad? You've been eating that these days." He said.

"I need to fit in my wedding dress, Austin." I said and he sat in front of me.

"You will fit.. Don't worry. I'll buy you a salmon steak okay? How's that sound?" He smiled and held my hand. I nodded weakly.

"That's my girl." He said and ruffled my hair.

My girl.. How I wish he's sincere saying that.. I really love it.

I sighed and looked at the checklist in my hand. Everything is settle.. except.. our feelings. I got up and took a photo of the ballroom, the table, the flowers, the chairs, the aisle and lastly.. Austin. I walked out from the venue and inhaled the beach breeze.

"You nervous?" Austin circled his arms around my waist. I turned to him and nodded weakly.

"Yeah a little bit."

"Don't worry okay?" He kissed my cheek.

"Yeah, you'll be with me right?" I asked.

"Of course.." I took out my phone and opened the camera.

"Let's take a picture." I said and raised my hand to take a selfie with him. We both smiled looking at the camera. We took a few times and I smiled looking at the result.

"Wanna go near the water?" He asked as he held my hand. I nodded and we walked towards the water.

"I love you, Violet." He suddenly stated and I sighed. How many lies is he going to say from now on? It's better that he doesn't say those words.

"Me too.." I answered smiling at him.

"Can I see the photos earlier?" He asked and I gave him my phone. I turned my head towards the sea when suddenly Austin picked me up bridal style. He carried me towards the water.

"Austin! Austin!" I squealed

"Put me down!" I smacked his chest looking at the water in horror.

"I love you, Violet."

"No no no!! Don't even thi-" He threw me to the water, I got up and grabbed him with me. I pushed him to the water too. We both laughed and splashed waters to each other.

"Okay enough babe.. now give me a kiss." He said opening his arms widely and walked to me.

"Ugh.. I hate you for throwing me to the water so no kiss for you, mister." I hissed and walked away. He caught me and carried me like a rice sack.

"Austin! Austin!"

"Yes love?"

"Put me down! If you dare to throw me into the water again.. Don't even think to be in the same bed as me on our wedding night!" I said and he put me down right away.

"That the most.. horror thing.. that you've ever say." He looked at me seriously.

"I'm serious, you idiot!" I smacked him.

"Oh come on.. you're joking right?"

"I'm not!" I glared at him and he suddenly picked me up again but this time he crashed his lips to mine. I circled my arms around him.

"Gosh.. you're making me crazy and tomorrow I can't see you."

"It's a tradition, Austin."

"Well.. we can facetime each other."

"You wish! We can't see each other faces!" I said and he looked at me in horror. Austin.. you really deserve to get an award for your acting. You're the best actor.

"2 days?!"

"It's just 48 hours." I said like it was nothing.

"Just 48 hours? Are you kidding me?"

"I'm not kidding."

"I'm going to find your room tonight!" I smacked his arm and he groaned in pain.

"Are you nuts?" I asked him disbelief.

"Oh come on.."

"Be patient little boy." I ruffled his hair and he looked at me like I grow 7 golds from my head.

"Little boy? Little boy?"

"Yeah.. little boy.." I nodded.

"You're so in trouble, Violet Ashlock." He said and I ran away from him.

"Come here little one!" He chased me and I giggled. He caught me and threw me into the water again. I got him and pushed him into the water too. After that.. we kissed each other hungrily.

God.. I love this man so bad.. what should I do?

"I love you, Violet." He cupped my face and looked straight to my eyes.

"Me too.."

"Can you say the words?" He asked and I nodded weakly.

"I love you.. Austin.. so much. I love you." I said and it's the truth. I love him so much with all my life and soul.

"I love you so much Austin Portwalt." I said it once again and he smiled to me.

"Love you too." After that we got back to the hotel, he entered his room to wash up and I entered my room to wash up. I opened my phone and cleaned all the sand from it. I opened the photos and smiled looking at our selfies.

Instead feeling happy.. I cried.

"I lose big time, Austin. I lose big time.. I can't cope up with your games again. I'm sorry. It's time for the both of us to end this game for good."