Chapter 21 - Journey

Austin Portwalt

I opened the door of my apartment and walked inside. I saw Violet standing in front of the fridge smiling at me.

"Hey." She said and I found myself smiling widely. I walked towards her and crashed my lips to hers right away. Gosh.. I've wanted this so much.

"You must be hungry.. I bought us dinner." She said and I looked at her from head to toe. She looked so beautiful.

"You look beautiful but what's today occasion?" I asked and she took my hand pulling me towards the dining table.

"It's 4 days to our wedding, I just want to celebrate it with you before we jump into the hectic crazy activity." She said smiling at me. I nodded and chuckled.

"I like that idea." I said and we started to eat and talked. I started to tell her about today's work and I'm just so happy to spend time with her like this. It's a simple things but.. I just love it. I felt happy and I just can't stop smiling.

"Austin.." She called me and I looked up to her raising my eyebrows.

"Hmm?"

"My mom told me that 2 days before the wedding we can't see each other because it will be a bad luck. You'll be okay right?" She asked in a really careful tone.

"2 days not seeing you? I won't be okay." I said and that came out from my mouth naturally.

"Hey.. I just want to listen to my mom." She said and I saw a hint of carefulness in her tone. Is she afraid that I will be mad or something? I was just joking.. of course I will let her.

"I'll be okay.. it's just 2 days besides you'll be mine forever. I'll be okay.. I think." I said and that wasn't a lie.

"Thankyou for understanding.." She smiled and I felt relieve to see her smile.

"Anything for you.. Violet."

"I love you.. Austin Portwalt." She suddenly said and that made my heart so happy.

"I love you too, Violet." I said and continued to eat. She started to tell about her work today too. After we finished the dinner, I helped her to put all the dishes into the sink.

"Can we do it later?" I asked as I backhugged her. She shook her head and turned on the water.

"No, Austin. We have to do it know.. I hate seeing unwashed dishes." She said and I chuckled.

"Well.. future wife.. I'll note that." I said and kissed her cheek.

"Let me help you.." I said and she moved a little bit giving me space. Suddenly she splashed some water to me, I turned to her disbelief.

"It was an accident.. I swear." Her eyes widen when she saw my suit are all wet. I looked at her coldly and splashed some water towards her too.

"Austin!" She turned the water bigger and sprayed me. I laughed.

"You.. You did that on purpose right?"

"Oopss." She said and she splashed more water towards me. She giggled and I splashed her too.

"Uh! Now we have to clean the floor and the kitchen too." She pouted looking at the floor and she looked so cute. I crashed my lips to her and cupped her face. I pinned her against the counter and suddenly.. she sprayed water again. She pushed me and ran away.

"Come here you!" I said and ran towards her. She giggled and sticked her tongue to me. She ran towards the kitchen again and when I ran towards her.. I slipped because the floor was slippery. I groaned in pain and Violet laughed on the other side of the room.

"That really hurts." I said pretending.

"Oh come on big boy.. get up."

"It really hurts." I pretended.

"I know you're pretending.." She said.

"Violet help.. I think I cracked my back." I said and she ran to me. Her face paled when she kneeled beside me checking on my back. I smiled secretly and pulled her into my arms.

"See! You lied!" She hissed and I hugged her tightly.

"Get off me, you liar!" She said pushing me away and I chuckled. I switched our position and now she's the one who is laying on the floor. I smiled looking at her and caressed her cheek. I leaned towards her and kissed her. She circled her arms around mine and cupped my face. I pulled her up to my lap and we kised until we're out of breath.

We looked at each other's eyes and I caressed her cheek.

"I love you.. Violet." I said and she smiled. She suddenly sneezed and I laughed.

"You need a warm bath.." I said picking her up and she circled her legs around my hips and circled her arms around my neck.

"Austin! I'm slipping.. hold me!" I laughed my heart out because she's so cute. I held her tightly again and brought her to my room. I put her down in front of my bathroom.

"Do you want me to join you?" I asked and she glared at me.

"No.."

"Let's do it-" She walked into the bathroom and locked it right away. I chuckled and threw myself to my bed. I inhaled her scent and I just love it. I hugged her pillow tightly and smiled widely. I got up and walked to balcony. I looked at the view and inhaled the fresh air.

I felt happy.. it's been a long time since I really feel genuinely happy. Well I guess.. I will have this moments everyday after I get married. I can't wait to have this life journey with Violet.