Chapter 10 - I Like You

Violet Ashlock

"Thankyou Mr. Foster." Austin shook his hand and I did the same.

"Welcome and I'm so glad to close a deal with you." He smiled.

"Once again thankyou." I said and then he walked out from the room. I sat down and Austin kissed my cheek.

"How about we celebrate this?" He asked and I sighed. I closed my eyes and laid my head to the desk.

"You tired?" He asked and I just ignored him.

"Let's go to my apartment and rest.. okay?" He asked and I turned my head to him. I nodded and he pulled me. He slipped his arm around my waist to support me. We walked out from the meeting room and then went down to the basement to his car.

"I want to eat."

"What do you want?" He asked.

"That Montel Pizza."

"Violet.. that's like 1 hour away." I pushed him away and just got inside the car. I put on the seatbelt and he got in too.

"Piss again? You sure get piss a lot.." He hissed and I scowled. I opened the seatbelt and opened the door.

"Violet.." He held my hand and I turned to him.

"Look Austin.." I sighed and he's waiting for me to continue what I was going to say.

"Am I really your girlfriend?" I asked.

"Of course you are."

"Well.. do you treat me like one?"

"Violet.. I literally almost move to New York because my girlfriend in New York. I rarely to back to Miami.. and I spend almost all my time with you.. isn't it that pretty clear?" He said and I sighed.

"What do you want? Should I prove it to you more? What should I do? You want to move in with me?" He asked a bunch of questions.

"I never feel that I'm dating you, Austin." I know that he's only using me for fun and to close deals here and there. We already date for almost 2 months and he already close around 10 deals which is quite crazy. He used my connection and our relationship for shortcut.

"Violet.. You're being clingy.. you know I hate clingy girl."

"Are you serious with me?" I asked straight to the point. I asked that because I like him already. I know the consequence of that so well.. he won't like me back but seeing him almost everyday.. I discovered a lot of things in process and it made me like him.

He's charismatic, a gentleman, responsible.. a man with his words, he's charming.. he's smart.. he's a good cook. He might treat me good as a formality as my boyfriend but he never give his heart. I guess.. he never even want to like me.

"Yes.. I'm serious with you." Well that was shocking..

"Are you serious with or not? If you're serious.. marry me then.." I said to him seriously and he was speechless. I know that.. he was speechless about the idea of marriage.

"Violet.. we just dated for 2 months."

"Why? I felt right.." I'm not lying even though he never gave his heart for me. I feel like I'm dating a robot.

"Violet, we're still young and you said you-"

"I change my mind." I hissed coldly.

"Why the sudden change?" He asked and I'm starting to get tired with this situation.

"I'm outta here.." I said and opened the door again. I got out from the car planning to go up again to catch a taxi. I'm so tired.

I know it's stupid to play along a game that I know that I will lose. I thought he might fall in love with me in the middle just like Jean and Blake but I was wrong. He never even think about it and he never cares.

I lose completely.. I'm done.

I turned my body planning to break up with him but suddenly he got out from the car..

"Let's get married." That got me shock. My breath got hitch and he walked towards me.

"Let's get married.. in 2 months.. can you plan a wedding in 2 months?" He asked me and that still got me speechless.

"Violet.." He stood in front of me and I looked at him speechless.

"Can you?"

"Yeah.. I can.. plan a wedding in 2 months." I said suttering a little bit.

"Good.. now please.. can we go eat something and don't be mad at me again please?" He offered his hand and I took it. I nodded and we walked back to the car.

"Can you just cook for me?" I asked and he nodded. He drove back to his apartment and we both turned silent. None of us wanted to start the conversation.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked and I walked to the kitchen to look what's inside his fridge. Suddenly he slipped his arms around my waist from the back.

"Violet.." I turned my body to him and looked at him seriously.

"Let's talk.. I can't stand this." I pulled his hand dragging him towards the sofa. I gestured him to sit and I sat across him.

"Are you serious about the marriage?" I asked.

"Yes, Violet. I'm serious."

"I never thought you will agree to this."

"Why? You only testin-"

"I really like you Austin.. a lot. It's crazy to say that I never get this kinds of feeling from a guy before and you gave me this feeling since the day we met. I was attracted to you since that day and until now.. it's just.. keep growing and growing." I said truthfully.. he was just looking at me with unreadable expression.

"I like you too.. Violet." He said that without any emotion and I know from that second.. He will never be mine. He likes me because he can produce money. He likes me because for him I'm just his puppet to attract dealers to deal with him.. nothing more.

I plastered a smile on my face and walked to him. I hugged him tightly and kissed him big time. We made out on the sofa, we stopped because of my growling stomach.

"I'll cook something for you.."