Chapter 26 - I Promise

Austin Portwalt

Violet wasn't joking when she said she's going to send me her wedding invitation. I burned it immediately without looking. I turned into a madman and a really crazy man because of her. I drank a lot and asked my parents to cover up my work for 2 weeks.

"You're acting like a kid, Austin!" My mom scolded me and I ignored her. I sipped my alcohol again and again.

"Stop drinking!" She took everything away from me and left my apartment. I sighed and walked towards my room. I laid on the bed completely drunk and not my right mind. I slowly drifted to sleep.

"Austin.. Austin." I opened my eyes.

"Hey.." I saw Violet smiling at me and she caressed my cheek.

"Violet." I called her but it came out as a whisper.

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry for everything. Please give me another chance to fix everything." I begged and found myself crying. She smiled weakly and pulled me into a hug. She patted my back after that I passed out.

I opened my eyes in horror and looked around to see Violet gone. I got up and ran out from my room. I looked around and she's not here. Gosh.. You idiot.. You have been hallucinating with things for the past 3 months. Violet really drives me crazy.

I sat down on the sofa and sighed. I got up and walked towards my room again. I opened my phone and dialed Violet's number.. she still blocked me. I sighed and closed my eyes again.

Suddenly a call came and I looked at the screen, it's Marcus. I smacked my head to see if I'm hallucinating.

"Hello." I answered.

"I know I'm not suppose to do this but.. I know you know her new place so come here and see what did you do to her." He said andthen ended the call. I got up quickly took a shower because I don't want to smell like alcohol. I changed into my clothes and ran out from my apartment. I got into my car and drove quickly out from the building towards Violet's new place.

As soon as I arrived, I ran inside the building and got inside the lift. I pressed 16 and waited anxiously. When the door lift opens, Marcus was already standing in front of it waiting for me. He gestured me to come. I followed him and he typed the passcode to her apartment.

"Marcus.. Where are you?" I heard Violet calling him.

"I'm coming." He answered and Marcus turned to me.

"She was really hurted, Austin. Really really hurted.. She kept calling you in her sleep but denying everything in real life. Now she's in a really drunk state.. you can go to her and comfort her." Marcus gestured me to enter her room.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"I like her.. heck I love her.. but seeing her like this hurts me. Look you both playing games and it's still going without you to knowing. Stop it and just.. just.. be with her okay?" Marcus said and I nodded weakly. He patted my shoulder and left.

I walked to her room and slowly opened the door knob. I saw her sitting on the floor and I walked slowly. She's a wreck.. just like me. I sat down beside her and pulled her near. She slipped her arm around me from the side.

"Marcus.. I miss him." She sobbed and I just stroke her hair.

"I wish.. I didn't hear his conversation with Blake. I don't mind not knowing anything about his games. I'm willingly to love him forever." She cried and that hurted me a lot. I just realized that I hurted this girl deeply. Tears came out from my eyes and I hugged her tighter.

"I just wish he knows.. how much I love him and how much I want to go back to him but my hearts hurting bad and I can't cope up with him anymore." She cried more and that really really broke my heart. It feels like someone tore my heart into pieces.

"I don't even care that he forgot my birthday.. that day.. Hearing that he loves me was so enough but.. I know it was just for show."

"I know that he's playing games from the start but stupid me.. I played a long. Just to hope that one day, he will love me but.." She laughed dryly "he still loves Rose." No! I wanted to tell her that I love her not Rose. Instead screaming that out.. I hugged her tighter. She stopped crying and I saw her slowly falls asleep.

"I'm sorry.. Violet. I'm sorry." I said and kissed the side of her head crying.

"I'm not going to let you go again. I'm sorry. I love you.. I won't let you go again.. I promise. I'll do whatever it takes to get you back." I leaned my head to her and cried in silent. I can't believe that I played games with this girl. I can't believe this..

I picked her up and placed her on her bed. I kissed her forehead and looked at her sadly. I promise myself that I won't make this girl sad again. I held her hand and kissed it.

"I miss you too and I love you. I'm not lying and I will do anything to prove that. I promise." I said and kissed her forehead again.

After that I decided to clean her room and all her mess..