Chapter 23 - Except her..

Austin Portwalt

I looked at myself at the mirror and smiled. Today is my wedding day and I can't wait for it to finish and have Violet in my arms. It's been 2 days since I've seen her and I hate this tradition so much. How come I can't see my bride?

I walked out from my room and went down to the wedding venue. I walked to the waiting room and looked at the watch to see that it's 30 minutes left. I can't wait to see Violet in her wedding dress.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door and I told whoever that is to come in. I saw my friend walk in to my waiting room.

"Hey Austin.. Congratulations!" Blake said and he hugged me.

"Thanks."

"Congratulations brother!" Luke said and hugged me briefly. They all congratulated me except Max.

"I'm not after your girl.." I said to him and he nodded. He hugged me briefly.

"Congratulations." He said and I chuckled. Jean and Rose entered the room.

"At last.. the Austin settle down." Rose hugged me briefly.

"Thanks and I can't believe it too." I chuckled.

"Congratulations Austin.." Jean said and she hugged me.

"So where are you going for your honeymoon?" Rose asked.

"I'm going to surprise her later on.. it's a secret."

"That's so exciting! I wonder what did you get her as her birthday present?" Rose squealed and I froze. I turned to her in horror.

"Birthday?" I asked.

"Yeah her birthday, what did you get her?" Blake asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked him confuse.

"You've got to be kidding me.. Don't joke like this!" Jean laughed awkwardly.

"No.. I'm serious." I said and I swear that I don't know what these guys talking about.

"4 days ago is Violet's birthday, Austin. Are you seriously don't know your own future wife's birthday?" Rose asked me disbelief with a mix of angry tone.

"She didn't say anything.." I said.

"Gosh.. I want to punch you so bad." Rose said.

"You're not lying right?" Blake asked and I looked straight to his eyes.

"He's not lying." Blake stated after seeing my eyes.

"I bet she was upset that you forgot her own birthday." Jean said and I cursed under my breath. How can I not know her birthday? How stupid! Austin, you're so damn stupid, moron, jerk, asshole.. shit!

"You need to make it up to her.."

"No wonder that she dressed so nicely and even brought us dinner." I said.

"Are you seriously?" Rose asked me disbelief.

"I swear.." I sighed and cursed myself for this.

"Mr. Portwalt.. it's time." Suddenly one of the staff said.

"You really dead, man." Aaron said patting my shoulder.

"Unbelievable.." Jean said and I sighed.

"You need to go out there." Kenneth said and I nodded. I walked out from the room and the staff lead me to the venue. I walked into the aisle and smiled to the guess. I crused myself for forgetting Violet's birthday. I saw my friends entered the venue and mouthed me goodluck. I looked at the ground all the time completely nervous and felt like a fool.

Austin.. you're a one dumb man!

"You'll be okay.." Blake smiled trying to calm me down. I'm glad that I have him as my best man.

"Mr. Portwalt.. the bride is no where to be found." My eyes widen in horror and I looked up to see the staff who said that.

"What do you mean she's no where to be found?" Blake asked the staff. My body turned numb and I froze in place. Everything around me turned into a slow motion. The words traveled fast between the guests.

"Austin.. you're okay?" Blake asked.

"Austin! See I told you that something's not right with her!" My mom started to yell at me.

"I've already told you thag this girl has a problem! Tatiana was right and you should marry Tatiana instead!" My dad bursted angrily.

"Austin.. are you alright?" Blake asked but everything became mute for me. I felt my heart aching.. I can't believe that Violet left me on our wedding day.

"Mr. Portwalt, here's a file for you from Ms. Ashlock." Suddenly Violet's secretary came to me.

"Who are you?" My mom bursted and took the file from Violet's secretary. My dad took it away from my mom and opened it.

"Austin." Blake called and I turned to him slowly. I never felt this pain before in my life. I can't believe that the girl that I trust.. the girl that I trust to hold my heart.. she ran away on our wedding day.

"What is this Austin? Why is she giving you a York Company letter and an airplane ticket?" My dad and mom bursted at me. I turned to them and still can't process the situation.

I took the file from them angrily.. completely piss and angry. I opened the letter from the York company and read it. I looked at the airplane ticket in horror.

"She found out." Blake said beside me and I walked away from all of them towards the sea. I re-read the letter and the airplane ticket. I ripped the letter and the airplane ticket and threw it to the sea. I looked at it and found a soft pink paper between it.

I took all of the things that I threw earlier and can't help but cry. I still can't believe that Violet left me on our wedding day and gave me the York Company deal that I've always want it along with an airplane ticket to England to close the deal.

I screamed in agony completely angry with myself and her.

"I've told you that sh-"

"Stop it mom! Stop it!" I bursted angrily at her and my dad punched me hard until I fell down on the floor. I gripped all the paper and got up. I walked away completely not on my right mind.

"Austin.." Blake stopped me.

"I need to find her.. I need to find her."

"Calm down." Blake said and I grabbed his collar.

"How can I calm down?! She left me on our wedding day!" I bursted angrily like a mad man.

"You should read the letter that she gave you first.. Maybe she explain everything there." He said and I looked at all the papers in my hands. Blake took it from me and pulled me back to the hotel. He helped me to dry everything when suddenly there's a knock on the door. I sat down on the corner of the room completely a wreck.

Blake walked to me and gave me an envelope.

"I think you should see this yourself." He said and he left me. I looked at the envelope and laughed like a mania seeing the message on the envelope.

Incase Austin ripped the paper and throw it to the sea.

I ripped the envelope and took the papers out from the envelope. I saw the same letter from the York company and the airplane ticket. I ripped the envelope from the side and the soft pink letter fell off from it. I opened it.

Dear Austin,

I know you want a contract from York Company and I've got it for you and return all the contract that you cancel back then. This is your chance and now get your ass to London to sign the last document.

Goodbye Austin.

And again.. I ripped everything again..

Now.. I don't want anything except her to comeback to me.