Chapter 6 - You're Special

Austin Portwalt

"Fancy seeing you here.." My friends smirked at me and I plopped on the sofa.

"Where were you? I saw you walk out earlier." Oliver asked.

"I saw you with Violet Ashlock." Jeremy smirked and I just chuckled.

"Hitting on her? I thought you have no interest with that girl?"

"No interest? Dude are you blind? She's hot." Elijah said and I poured alcohol to my glass.

"I'm using her." I said honestly.

"Nice thinking." Kane said.

"Are you sure that you're just using her? How about the arrange marriage?" Oliver asked.

"Nah.. I skip that." I said and sipped my alcohol.

"You literally have 2 hot girls around you.. dude.. have the both of them." Eljiah said and I shook my head.

"I don't want to settle down.. and the both of them want that." I hissed

"Dude.. Settling down with a hot girl is a definition of heaven." Kane said.

"Then you get her.."

"I want Violet." Elijah smirked and I gestured him to take her.

"Really? Can I have her now?"

"After I use her.. she's all yours." I said and sipped my drink. After that we started to talk about our business. We're businessmen, our topic will always be business,money, deals and girls.

"I'm out of here.." I said after that, I decided to go home and rest.

The next day.. I woke up and sat on my desk to work. After that I took a shower and decided to make a reservation for tonight's date. Gosh, impressing a girl like Violet will be quite hard. I believe that she's a type of girl who loves romance and fairytales. This will be hard.. but at least I will get a lot of advantages in the future for being with her.

I called a restaurant and reserved a place there after that I went back to work again. Until the clock showed 6 p.m, I quickly took a shower and went out from my apartment. I drove down to Violet's place.

They opened the door and I parked my car inside. I got out from my car at the same time as Violet walked out from the house. She looked beautiful as always.. elegant.. classy.. as always her eyes.. that's the most captivating part of her.

"Hello, Austin." She greeted me and I smiled.

"Hello beautiful, ready to go?" I asked as I walked to the passenger side. She smiled widely and nodded. I opened the door for her. She got in and I closed the door. I walked to the other side and got in.

"So where are we going today?" She asked as she put on her seatbelt.

"I've booked a restaurant and then we can go to the place that you want to go." I said.

"Oh okay.."

"Any place in mind?" A girl like her maybe shopping.. or cafes..

"Can we go to Brooklyn Bridge later on?" I raised my eyebrows as I started the car.

"Brooklyn bridge?"

"Yeah.. I always go there every night. It helps me to release stress."

"Walking along the Brooklyn bridge?" I asked.

"Yeah, walk along it and sit there for hours." Well that's a little bit new..

"Oh okay, we can do that." I said as I drove out from her house.

"Oh.. iPod.." She pointed at my iPod.

"Go choose a song.." I bet it will be slow and romantic songs. Gosh.. I'm sleepy and I'm not in- She suddenly played a loud pop songs.. Like Bang Bang by Ariana, Jessie and Nicki Minaj. Well.. at least she didn't turn on a slow songs.

"Your playlist is so boring." What?!

"You don't have R&B songs?" She asked and I chuckled.

"A classy and elegant girl like you? Hearing R&B?" I asked disbelief.

"Is there something wrong with R&B?" She asked in a really disbelief tone.

"Oh come on.. you girls love slow and romantic songs."

"I guess you still don't know me then.." She said and hen turned off the song.

"Do you have allergies or something?" She asked.

"Nope.. I don't. Do you?"

"Nope.. I don't." At the same time, we've arrived at the restaurant. We got out from the car and I walked towards her. I offered her my arm and she linked it. We walked inside together.

"Reservation under Mr. Portwalt." We walked inside and sat near the window. She sat across me and the waiter offered us the menu. We chose our food and ordered it.

"How work today?" I asked her and she smiled.

"Quite good. Been dealing alone since my dad is currently away. How about you?"

"Well.. Working inside my apartment."

"Missing Miami?" She asked and I chuckled.

"A little.."

"Why Miami?" She asked and the most interesting part about her is that she respects people. She never touch her phone when she's talking and she always makes an eye contact which is really good.

I often dealing with girls who keep their eyes on their phone. I know that they're talking with a lot of guys at the same time when they're with me but this girl surprises me.

"Miami? Well.. my mom was born in Miami and I grew up loving the environment." I answered.

"Well.. if you stress out.. all you need to do is walk out from your office."

"Right.. that's why I love Miami. How about you? Why New York?" I asked.

"Well.. It's never been my choice. I was born here and grew up here.. actually.. I want to live in a country side." That surprise me again.

"That's interesting.."

"Yeah, me and friends went for a trip around 2 years ago to the country side. I love it.. I just love everything about it." She said smiling widely.

"It's quite surprising a girl like you want to live there.."

"Everyone said that.. I'm just an ordinary girl. I mean I know that my parents taught me how to be elegant and classy and just this girl but you know.. I'm just an ordinary girl.. I'm just like everyone else."

"No.. I think you're special." That was the only honest words that came out from my mouth that night..