Will Imagine

(This will be a long imagine)

Imagine you being the social outcast at Hawkins middle. You were known to be the school weirdo, goth kid, loner, all kinds of nicknames! You've heard 'em all. All of them from your peers. Not that you cared what they said or thought.

You distanced yourself, you didn't want anyone to get hurt. You were afraid they'd be afraid of you, you were afraid of yourself. You were no ordinary kid, adding the fact you were the strangest kid in Hawkins, you also had horrifying dreams that taunt you at day, and messed you up at night.

Recurring Dreams of what you like to call fourth wall dreams, or that's at least what the voices in your head call it. All these pent up images of a horrifying future, you didn't know what to do with yourself. Weeks went by to the point where you finally found a solution.

Drawing. It seemed like a stupid idea of putting down on paper what you saw, what made you crazy. Eventually, you settled down to the thought and you seemed more tame. So, whenever you had free time, you drew the images in your head along writing down the words that the voices whispered.

The same two words they kept repeating, "Stranger Things". You didn't know what it meant not what is connected with but it seemed important. At school you felt more sane, now this didn't mean you'd finally make friends, no, you still had the reputation of a twisted humor, crazy messed up in the mind attitude.

No one was nice to you, everyone treated you like shit. All except the ones you've been getting images of. Mike, Dustin, Lucas, and especially Will. Those poor boys were going to have to deal with what was coming to them. You didn't believe the story your voices and dreams were telling, nor understood it but it seemed like hell.

Today was a normal day, you walked to school with your journal in hand, fresh new drawings in your book, and completely ignoring everyone in the hallways. You gave up on your sense of style a while ago. You were treated like shit and called "strange goth kid" the most, so why not look the part?

 You were treated like shit and called "strange goth kid" the most, so why not look the part?

^^Your outfit^^

You walked to class hanging your head low to avoid stares, you recently dyed your hair blue to get attention at home. Of course you got none because you family even distanced themselves from you because they knew you were strange, even for a girl going through puberty.

You say in the back of the room in your normal seat. Currently you were in science, class hadn't officially start yet because you liked to come early. Because the boys liked to come early, you called Mike, Dustin, Lucas and Will the boys for short but only in your head. You wouldn't dare even saying a word to them.

It seemed strange, which you were, but you liked to watch in on their conversations, kind of like getting to know them without any contact. What can you say? Is it so wrong to know about the people who you've getting images of and been messing with your brain?

You were in the back still doodling on a picture you've been working on. Quietly, you listened to the boys conversation. "Why is she always here?" You heard one voice say. Not surprised! Someone doesn't like you around them! "Dude! She's right there!" One with the lisp said.

"I don't see what's so wrong with her? Why does everyone hate her?" You heard one small sweet voice say. No one has ever talked to you like that unless they didn't know about you yet. "She's kind of strange, she never talks to anyone, eats alone, and always drawing in that book" the other replied.

You had to admit that was a pretty good description of you. And to be honest, you liked being called strange, it made you feel different In a good way, almost like a compliment. Soon class started, all the seats filled in except the ones around you.

The seats on your sides empty, the two seats in front of you empty, and you were against the wall on your back. The closest people to you were the boys all sitting next to each other in front of you. Well, two seats in front of you, but they always say there except for everyone else who were complete asses who sat away from you.

Half an hour later everyone was going to their lockers which meant lunch. You put all your papers in your bag making sure to take your time and listen to the boys. You noticed they liked staying extra long in this class, probably cause it's their favorite.

You walked past the group without a care and handed Mr. Clarke your test which he happily graded. "Great job    Y/n, A+! Your doing great in my class by the way" Mr. Clarke handed you your test back while you put it away. "Thanks Mr. Clarke!" You tried to pull together a smile of what little happiness you had left.

You started to walk off to go to lunch when you thought of an idea. Maybe if you signed up for the science fair you'd finally get attention from your family, and bonus! The boys are guaranteed to sign up so, why not? You turned on your heels making a squeak from your sneakers walking back in the classroom.

"Hey Mr. Clarke? I'd like to sign up for the science fair". This seemed to get the boys attention, "Why sure Y/n! The more people the merrier!" Mr. Clarke wrote your name down on the clip board and handed you a flyer with all the information in it. "Here you go, and there will be a meeting in the auditorium Wednesday for planning" he informed me.

And just like that the boys came up to Mr. Clarke as well to sign up. Mike, the one talking to the teacher about signing up as a group. Dustin was behind him, and Lucas was bickering to Dustin about something. And last of all, Will. He made me crazy. It was to be a few days from now that they would have their campaign and he'd go missing.

Will, was in the back just looking around when he noticed me pretending to study the flyer so I could listen in on the boys. That's when he made the horrible mistake of coming up to talk to me. The boy came right up to me! I kept studying the flyer and not looking up until he said something. "Hi! I'm Will! Your Y/n right?" He smiled.

Trying to find out about the school train wreck I presume, he waited for an answer. "Yeah that's me" I tried to smile back. "Did you sign up for the science fair? I didn't expect you to sign up" he sat down in the chair next to me. "Oh, well I love science, so yeah I signed up. Are you signing up?" I asked trying to give the boy some slack.

"Yeah me and my friends. We're working as a group, what about you? Got any partner?" This poor innocent boy, did he not realize no one wanted a freak for a partner?
"Yeah, if anyone would would want to partner with the strange kid" I used sarcastic jazz hands.

"Oh c'mon! Don't say that! I'm sure if anyone bothered to get to know you they wouldn't judge you as bad" he said. Maybe he was right. Deep down inside lm still the person I used to be, just under all the rubble that is craziness. "Thanks! I've got to go but it was nice talking to a human being for once bye!" I left.
Will chuckling at your last comment.

You walked out of the classroom, thinking you might actually made a friend.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading, I owe the cover to marshiemarshmathers. Hit her up if you want a cover.