Will Imagine

It was Christmas. Just only a month after Will had gone missing. You were invited over for Christmas dinner at the Byers' house. Will of all people knew about your situation at home. A deadbeat dad, over worked mom, and an older sibling that was good at taking care of themselves.

Connect the dots, you two are best friends. You and Will say under his small, but homely Christmas tree, examining each presents. It hurt your heart seeing that there weren't as much presents under his tree, unlike most families.

The boy still had a smile on his face, and despite the horrifying events he still managed to smile a month after.
So, there you sat next to Will, watching him shake his present in hopes to find out what it is without opening it.

"What do you think it is?" You asked the cheer filled boy. "I think an Atari, I felt Dustin's earlier and his was the same weight." He handed the medium sized gift to your own hands to feel what he had been feeling.

"Cool! I wish I had an Atari." Yet you envied the qualities to a good family, Will and his family still filled your heart where supportive relatives should be.

"Hey, we got you something too." Will dug around under the tree, a few pine needles sticking to his sweater. Until, finally he retrieved a small gift, wrapped in red wrapping paper.

He grabbed your wrist, gently, you getting the gist you opened your hand as he placed in it. There, Joyce and Jonathan gathered in the living room as well.

"Go on, open it!" Jonathan urged you on as he held up his camera to your joyful face. Joyce sat on the couch beside him with a supportive smile.

You looked down at the box, and tore the paper off like told. Inside the box was three small items.

A drawing, a detailed one, probably drawn by Will. It was a drawing of you and him on the road riding your bikes.
You and him both plastered with a smile on each others face. It was so realistic like a photo.

Speaking of photos, Jonathan was snapping many of you and Will the entire time. But one photo in particular caught your attention. Under Wills beautiful art was a picture of you and Will when you were smaller.

You two had been friends since 3rd grade and this one presented you and him hugging before you left from a play date at his house. You remember the memory clearly, you were just kids and it felt like you knew each other forever.

You flipped the photo on its back and there you saw a message, written in red marker in Jonathan's handwriting.

'Y/n, we aren't siblings, but I love you like a sister. -Jonathan' it read.

You placed it down on your lap next to the drawing and looked in the box one last time. You saw a necklace.

It had a basic thin silver chain, and a silver(Your favorite animal) attached to it. You didn't know you were crying tears of joy until Will hugged you.

You hugged back with just as much love as he did to you. You gave one to Joyce and of course Jonathan. "Thank you guys so much!"

"Did you like your present y/n?" Will asked with brown and hopeful eyes. "I loved it!" You smiled the biggest smile you could causing Wills facial features to dust with a blush.

It wasn't just a Christmas, it was the best Christmas.