Mike Imagine

"And that's how you make toothpaste."
Mr.Clarke finished. You were fascinated at his display. Today, in science class you are mixing ingredients to make toothpaste. He was doing a lesson how there is science all around us.

Now everyone had to present, by practicing each step by step exactly on how Mr.Clarke did it.

And student by student each one failed.
All except the four boys who sit in front of your class. They were just as enthusiastic as you for knowledge of science. You'd love to sit with them but you're too shy to sit next to their group.

Plus who wants a girl like you near them? Nerdy, and liking science.
Secretly you hoped that one person liked you.

Mike Wheeler. Dark slightly curly hair, pale-ish skin, and same interests as you. You loved him more than science.
And he knew you just as equal to your existence in the world.

Nothing.

"Y/n, it your turn." Mr. Clarke beamed at you from the front of the room. You looked up from your desk and walked up.

Past the students, past the four boys.

Right in front of everyone.
"Hi." You awkwardly waved to the class, not that it mattered because no one was watching. "So, first you mix the liquids."

You demonstrated pouring the correct liquids in the correct order, naming each one as you did.

"Then you add the powders." Mr. Clarke took note of your actions on a clip board, probably being graded.

You looked up again at the room knowing that the key to a good presentation was looking at the audience.

But there was one stare that caught your eye.

Mike Wheeler.

Certainly his beautiful smile did not help your case. It only helped stir up the butterflies in your stomach.

So you did the only thing that came to mind when you thought about his perfect image. Smile right at him.

But you kept on with the presentation. Unlike any other of the students you passed with a beaming A+! Showing that you could make toothpaste successfully.

"Class dismissed." Mr. Clarke said and as on cue everyone poured out room like a title wave.

"Great job on that presentation." You looked up from straitening your books to look at...

Mike Wheeler, once again.
Alright y/n don't mess this up.

"Thanks! It helps if you love science." You smiled, again.
"Yeah, don't know why everyone thinks it's stupid." He scratched his beautiful hair in confusion.

"Well, they're stupid if they think that."
He laughed at your sassyness. Luckily you were aiming for that reaction. Just trying to have a conversation with another cut human being.

"Mike we gotta go!" Dustin shouted from the door, his friend along with his other friends.

"We should hang out sometime." He said before he turned on his heels and running down the halls with his friends.

'We should hang out sometime' you repeated in your head. Over and over.
"Yes, we should." You said particularly to no one maybe yourself but you intended to take up on his offer.