Soulmate AU||Dustin

A clock is a clock. The ticking sound of seconds passing is just a noise. The minute by minute to every hour of each day was just time. Unless it is upon your wrist.

Everyone had something, color, tattoos, but for you it was a timer. A seemingly never ending clock that you eagerly awaited to go off.

Most people dreaded the sound of their alarm in the morning, reminding them they had a life, a job, and a family to tend to.

But for you, time couldn't get any slower, and the one thing that made it worse was the numbers accompanied by more numbers.

The countdown to the exact day of the exact hour of the exact minute of the exact second you'd meet your soulmate.
Define an impatient person.

0:2:30:56 it read. The fact that your days had been up already excited you.
You remember when you turned thirteen that you were ecstatic when all your years were done.

And you remember a month ago when your months were done. Last night was your last day and today.....

Was the meeting day of your soulmate. You pondered who it might be. What they'd look like. What they find interesting or what their day was like.

You pondered if they wondered the same things as you. This morning was a little hassle because you wondered if you should make an impression for your soulmate but on the other hand they're your soulmate so wouldn't they just like you for who you are?

Second period.
0:1:22:46 to go. You were for sure that the one you'd be destined to be with was sitting in your next class, hopefully just as impatient as you.

You finished all your work in second period so you were just left alone with a ticking clock and your own racing thoughts, which didn't satisfy your eagerness.

Third period.
0:0:12:55 to go. Were you not just nervous but, sweaty palms, burning face from blush, and a rapidly tapping foot. Anyone could mistake your state for someone with something of mental illness or something but truth is, you'd be meeting your forever person in less than 15 minutes.

You were finishing a test. One that had less if your focus on it and more of it in your timer. You'd probably fail from the lack of concentration, but who cares an F is an F, your soulmate is, well, your soulmate!

You arose from your desk, sliding out the side and walking up the rows and aisles of desks just like yours. You looked at each person you walked by with concentration and consideration of who it'd be. Any second now in fact..

0:0:0:15! Oh god, oh Jesus, oh lord almighty help me please. You placed your paper on the teachers desk like everyone else who had finished and walked with anticipation back to your desk still staring at the numbers change.

0:0:0:5
One step closer

0:0:0:4
Two steps closer

0:0:0:3
Three steps closer

0:0:0:2
Oh my god

0:0:0:1
Shit.

0:0:0:0
The clock read and then watched as every zero disappeared forever from the wrist you always saw it on.

WHAM! Your body collided into whatever it was. One minute you were walking, well, speed walking and next thing you know....

You were face to face with the one you are destined to love.

A messy mop of curly brown hair atop his head, topping it off with a red white and blue cap. He wore a dinosaur hoodie with some jeans and sneakers.
You heart stopped as you finally realized now that he was the one.

He was perfect in every way, from his head to his....not so toothy grin, to his toes. A tingling sensation crossed your right forearms features, you glanced down to see each set of zeros to disappear forever.

You looked up to see him staring at his own arm and then looking at you with not only a shocked look but a look of relief. The kind of look you make when you get home after a day's work.

Like the feel as if you were suffocating and you were each others fresh breath of air.

Some say that the first feeling of meeting your soulmate is incomparable to any other experience in the world. A moment that cannot be recreated or replaced for anything else. And they're right, nothing could compare to this moment you were feeling.

He smiled a smile that didn't have any front row teeth, but no smile was as perfect as his. You smiled one back, hoping that he was experiencing the same things as you were.

Suddenly the looks of your classmates no longer mattered or existed, because it was you and him and only you two.

Your breathed out a relieving sigh, not feeling so impatient anymore, and felt at home instead.

He breathed out the same breath while saying a small word everyone said at least once a day, but to you it was the start of your relationship.

"Hi."

And man, you couldn't wait to start you life with him. I guess you could say you were still a little impatient.