Lucas Imagine

Clang! Right onto your foot, you dropped a flat piece of metal on it.
Wait, why do you have metal? Oh yeah!Because you were at the junkyard.
With Max, Dustin, Steve, and....

Lucas....

The boy you have been crushing on since 4th grade. But he only had eyes for Max.

The girl he knew since about a week ago. And the thought of Lucas, your best friend, easily loving a stranger more than you hurt.....

A lot.....

It hurt until you were angry. Then, Clash! A Barrel fell on your shoulder.
Knowing that there would surely be a bruise later on, you just shoved whatever you were carrying into the ground. Not out of pain from the barrel, out of anger with Max.

"Hey! What are doing?! Get back to work, I'm supposed to be babysitting you little shits." Spat Steve. You only sighed in response. You looked at Lucas maybe only hoping that he would notice your state.

But of course, he and Max were working on covering the old bus together. You furrowed your eyebrows and jealousy stirred up in your stomach, trying to hold back the urge to yank Max by her red hair to get her  away from Lucas.

Instead to gripped the metal you had just manhandled off the ground and walk over to the other side of the bus, where Dustin and Steve worked together.

Each stomp you put on the earth below you wasn't enough to let out your heartbreak. Knowing that you'd have to pass Lucas on your way, you'd hope he notice your state.

But alas, Lucas took a glance your way.
A glance. It only resembled of confusion, and you tried not scowl at Max brushing up on his arms but, you just couldn't help stomping like the floor wronged you.

You put the flat metal piece onto the side next to the one Dustin was holding, waiting for Steve to come over and nail the two in. Dustin looked over at you.

"What the matter with you?" He sighed. Like, he had something on his mind. "I-I don't wanna say, it's stupid."
You looked the other direction hopefully trying to cover up the tears prickling at you eyes, daring to fall.

But it was already too late before Dustin noticed. You never cried, especially in front of the boys. You thought it made you look weak which only made Dustin worry more.

"Hey! Nothing you could say possibly be stupid." He tried to get your attention again, and probably would place a hand on your shoulder if you weren't holding up covers. "It's just-
I- I like Lucas, a-and I know he l-likes Max," you finally looked at him for once.

"and it hurts." Dustin looked over your face with pity. "Well, it's kind of the same for me. I like Max and I think she likes Lucas." Dustin sighed. He looked down and it almost seemed like he was going to cry too. You never saw Dustin cry before and it hurt more that such a happy and smart boy like himself would think he's not good enough.

"Steve said that I should ask her when I feel the electricity, does that sound right?" He looked in your direction again hoping for your advice.
You looked back at him, "It's defiantly a way to go, so yeah, do that." You shrugged.

Dustin saw Steve rounding the corner of the bus and leaned in as close as he could before his cover fell, "And just so you know, I think Lucas likes you." He smiled.

Your world stopped. All this jealousy and anger and emotion just to hear that Lucas liked you? I mean, you thought that he liked Max, for sure but.....

Maybe not.....

At night when the bus is finished-

"Look! I see it!" Dustin peeked through the cracks of the window covers. Lucas gave the signal from up on top the bus that in fact, there was a demo-dog.

So, you climbed the ladder. "Hey, um, Lucas?" He removed his binoculars to look at you. Here goes, you were going to tell him how you feel.

"I have something to tell you."
You looked down playing with you fingers. "Hey I have something to tell you too." He sort of laughed. You sort of laughed as well.

"On three! One... Two...Three!" He counted down. The next words you spoke were so heart relieving. You thought that you'd have a heart attack.

"I like you." You both said. You smiled putting the Cheshire Cat to shame and Lucas scooted over for you to lay down next to him on the bus.

"Arcade?" He asked.

"Well not now but yes, arcade." You. Confirmed.