Lucas Imagine

This is going to be a love/hate relationship.
_____________________________________

"What are you guys doing after school?" You rode your bike down the same street as your best friends in the whole wide world. Mike, Dustin, Will......and Lucas.

You and Lucas had a complicated relationship. One minute you had butterflies swarming around your stomach and the next you wanted to rip his head off of frustration.

"Well, we were going to set up a campaign but Dustin's mom is making him go grocery shopping with her." Mike smirked a bit, knowing that it would annoy Dustin.

You looked over at the two for a split second seeing that Dustin was already glaring a hole in the side of Mike's head, but Mike was too busy being cocky to notice. You laughed a bit, knowing full and well that they'd be arguing down the rest of the road.

"What are you doing y/n?" Will asked, he was on your right. "Oh, nothing really. I was going to homework but I finished it in class so I think I'll just go the arcade." You looked down at your front tire, watching the grey road roll under it.

From the far side of the group you heard Lucas groan for whatever stupid reason, but of course, you just had to ask. "What's your problem?" You sneered.

"I was going to the arcade, but if your going then I don't want to anymore." He rolled his brown eyes. His words cut deep, but you didn't let it show, you learned to never let it show.

"Fine! I don't care." You pedaled faster, away from Lucas, but still kept with the group. Your house was next and turned into the driveway. The sound of three boys saying bye to you echoed throughout the quiet neighborhood, it hurt that one voice in particular didn't say bye.

You dropped your bag onto the front door mat, unlocking the door with your own key and walking inside. "Y/n, sweetie, is that you?" You mother beckoned from the kitchen.

"No mom it's a burglar." You sarcastically shouted back only for your mom to scoff with a light chuckle in response. "How was your day?"  She didn't look up from the dinner she was cooking.

The scene of Lucas's smart remark from just a few moments ago replayed in your mind. "Fine, I guess." She glanced in your direction looking at you sitting at the dining table with a bit of a sad expression. Like you were mourning for something.

She frowned a little, but hid it once you started talking. "Can I go to the arcade?" She thought for a moment, leaving you in silence. "Did you finish your homework?" She stirred whatever she was frying in the pan.

"Yeah, I finished it at school." She smiled at your responsibility and shooed you off to the arcade, sending you with a pocket full of quarters. You pedaled fast, down to the Palace. It was nearly dark soon, which meant you had to go home in no more than an hour.

You parked your bike in the same slot of the same bike rack in front of the building. You hugged your jacket closer to you caused from the breeze, and gripped your change a bit tighter.

You pushed open the slightly rusty door open and the sounds of opening theme music, along with game over sounds filled your ears. It reminded you of the so many times you came here with the party, it almost felt a little strange without them here with you.

But, none the less you made your way over to your favorite game. Centipede. You were really good at it, and had the patterns down like the back your hand.

But the sight of the back of Lucas's head put your spirits down. He seemed really into the game. And by the looks of it his score was around 30,356, already higher than yours, and you had the #1 slot.

"Are you kidding me?!" You screeched. By the looks of it, you startled Lucas and messed him up. "Damn!" He banged his fist against the thick layer of glass that separated him and the game. He turned around to the sights of you.

"You messed me up!" He shouted. You flinched a bit but yelled back, "Don't blame me if your such a bad player." You smirked, which he became irritated over yet he seemed a bit flustered.

"I could say the same for you. #2." He smirked back, knowing something you didn't. Your eyes widened in realization and moved him out the way. And sure enough, your #1 slot was replaced by the name 'suck it'. 

"Ha. Ha. Ha. You just think your so clever." You taunted at him, which he faked being offended, putting a hand on his chest. 'What an asshole' you thought.

"Whatever, I'm better at Centipede than you anyways." You rolled your eyes, crossing your arms over your chest. He gave a small laugh that just oozes with sarcasm.

He moved to the side, gesturing to the machine with both hands, "Prove it then." He cockily boasted.

You hated it when he questioned your authority, or put you on the spot, but when he did, you knew how to make him shut up.

You slid in a quarter in the slot near the bottom of the machine and stood back up, readying yourself to play.

It had been over the span of ten minutes and you were already at the score of 21,355, you lost 2/4 of your lives already, and you were pretty confident in beating that stupid score of his.

It didn't help that Lucas's eyes had been over your shoulder the entire time, well, not the entire time. Usually he would go and play something else and then come back to check on you hoping that you had already lost by then. But each time he cane back, you were still playing.

A little bit astonished, Lucas commented, "How long have you been playing?" You glances at him through the glass. "I think 15 minutes now." You vigorously smashed each button in a certain order like you always do, and moved the joystick left to right.

You looked at the bottom right corner for a quick second, checking your score. 33,675. And reclaimed the spot of #1.

You turned around after hearing the signature sound of the game over tune and looked at Lucas. "I have to say, L/n I'm impressed." He shrugged.

You smiled, "#1 baby. Always have and always will be." You brushed off imaginary dust off your shoulder. Lucas laughed at your antics and smiled himself.

And then it occurred to you. This was the most enjoyable experience you've had with Lucas. Besides the usual hating each other thing. You bashfully blushed, know that maybe Lucas wasn't all that bad after all.

Lucas scratched the back of his neck nervously, like he wanted to say something. "Hey, um...Y/n. If you want to, m-maybe we can do this again some other time?" He offered.

You giddily squealed in your head. "Sure! I would love that!"

It wasn't soon after that it was already time for you to leave. You said your goodbyes to Lucas and pedaled home, knowing that something good would have to come from this.