The Boys Imagine

Tonight was campaign night, a whole afternoon filled with dungeons and dragons lasting til midnight. What a exciting rush, it was your favorite day of the week. You'd play your favorite game, with your favorite people.

It started when you all biked to Mikes house together after school. You all tried to avoid his mother, don't get me wrong she was a nice lady, just a little on the strict side, so you and the other boys liked to stay out of her way.

"Michael? Is that you?" His mother shouted from the kitchen. You could hear and smell her chopping tonight's dinner. "Yeah mom it's me! My friends and I are going to the basement!" Mike shouted to the back as the four of you raced to the bottom of the wooden stairs.

"Fifteen after Mike, don't forget!" Michaels mothers pointed her polished index finger in a warning manner, probably because of the events of our last campaign. Resulting in all of us an hour late for dinner at our own homes.

Mrs. Wheeler got five angry calls from each of our parents later that night. Not good. "Are you guys ready for the greatest campaign of your life?!?" Mike shouted getting the boys pumped as we all shouted a 'mighty' roar of excitement and threw our fists in the air.

Dustin got the metal chairs out from the corner like he always does as Mike was setting up to be the master. Will and Lucas readied the board and pieces. You, like every campaign, would fill your bag with as many snacks as you could without your mom noticing.

You unzipped your f/c backpack and dumped its contents into the other table. Of course, Dustin came over and inspected the things you brought. "I call the nougat!" He snatched the musketeer bar off the wooden table.

Of course Lucas couldn't keep his mouth shut, and he just had to comment to Dustin about his choice of snack, which resulted in another cat fight they always seem to get into.
You looked over at Mike with an exhausted face seeing that he had one as well looking back at you.

Soon the game was all set up and all of you were plastered to the game before you. Recently you guys had entered a cave, encountered a mighty dragon, which Dustin's roll was able to defeat it with his lv.12 sorcery skills. Now, Mike was explaining your journey out the cave.

"No! There's a metal ceremony!"
"Oh! A metal ceremony!?" Dustin mocked sarcastically. Arguing with Mike was never pleasant if you haven't picked up on it yet, Mike only gave Dustin a pissed off look in return.

The sound of Mikes mother, Karen, beckoned from the stairs above, reminding him of the time, fifteen after.

Mike raced up the stairs, probably trying to come to some reasoning with her, but by the mumbled conversations you heard it didn't seem to work.

"Anybody want the pizza?" Dustin had shouted, box open wide displaying the last slice no one had eaten. After hearing many calls of 'no' Dustin came to you. "Y/n! You want the last slice of pizza?" Once again showing the slice.

"Ok I'll take it." You grabbed the piece, knowing no one else wanted it because they didn't want to carry it home, on bikes. You shoved the it in your mouth, almost all the way full. The boys stared at the sight, not believing that such a girl exists that plays dungeons and dragons and can eat a piece of pizza whole.

You belched loudly while wiping your face with the side of your arm. You shoved the rest of the left over snacks back into your bag and heaved onto your shoulders. Your raced up the stairs with the rest of the boys, and all ended up in Mikes garage where your cold metal bikes laid.

While Mike and Will talked, you conversed with Dustin as Lucas readjusted his bike seat. "That roll you did was amazing!" You exclaimed looking at the boy. He smiled his smile that lacked of teeth. "Really! Thanks!"
You still couldn't believe that he was able to roll an exact 32, what luck.

Will looked at the both of you, indicating that he was ready to go, and we all pulled off, saying our goodnights to each other. Lucas was the first to leave, Dustin teasing him to 'kiss his mother good night for him'. Which you and Will laughed at.

It was slightly silent, and to your social anxiety made you feel like you needed to say something, anything. "Is Bike short for Bichael?" You frequently said these types of things, making the boys laugh, usually your weird sense of humor scared off other people, hence why you hang out with 'the freak show'.

You never understood why you were all freaks, just a little different is all. The real reason being Troy and James always singling you guys out. Poor Dustin sometimes taking the worst of it. Sometimes Will. But you always liked hanging out with them, they were nothing but good people and that's what matters.

"Hey I'll race you guys to the bottom of maple street for my X men 134." Dustin had bet. You and Will shared a look of excitement until you broke the look with one of determination and sped off leaving the two boys behind.

Faintly, you could hear Dustin shouting, "Get back here you sons of bitches!" You couldn't help but lightly chuckle at his misfortune. His X men 134 was as good as yours.

All was well until you saw, well, whatever that thing was. Swerving off the side of the old road, you landed strait into a ruff pile of sticks and leaves, looking up seeing what you had hoped was just staying up too late, exhaustion playing tricks on your mind.

But seeing it growl and snarl was enough for you to abandon your bike where it laid......