Steve x reader imagine

Based off of the teaser trailer for season three of Stranger Things! (Video is above Incase you haven't seen it yet)
________________________________

You sat in your car, forehead against steering wheel, wondering if it was even worth it to step out the car in the first place. The position you were sitting almost felt too familiar, like you've sat and thought like this before.

Today was the first day of your new job at the Starcourt Mall. Usually anyone would be ecstatic to work at the mall, let alone be in one at all, which is exactly the case.

Everyone was so excited to snag a job at the mall that you were one of the last ones, and ended up with the worst job of all....

Scoops Ahoy Ice cream parlor.

There's nothing wrong with working at an ice cream shop, it's the uniforms they made you wear. The ugliest, tackiest, most embarrassing uniforms anyone could ever imagine.

Literally any other job would sound great right now, just not this one.

The sound of your watch beeping alerted you that you had precisely 5 minutes to clock into work which, despite the embarrassment to walk through the whole parking lot and all the way to the food court, you had to power through it and just go.

"Y/n! It's nearly opening hours, Where have you been!?" The boss of the ice cream shop, Mr.Coleman yelled.

Mr.Coleman was gruff in the voice, a chubby grump who always seemed to never not have cigar pursed between his lips. Gold chains accented his red and black business suit with a wad of cash always was in his hand needing of counting.

He was the typical boss-man, always needing never giving.

"I'm sorry Mr.Coleman," You tried to reason, "I was running a bit late I-"

"Ahh- Save it! The Custard machine still needs firing up, I suggest you get on it before it comes out of your lunch." The gruff man suggestively pointed his finger at you before leaving, a cloud of smoke left behind, and at this point you were hoping to die from his second hand smoke.

You lifted up the counter door to the other side of the stand and clocked in before it was too late. It wasn't until then you noticed the other presence standing on the other side of the cash register. Suited in the Boy uniform for Scoops Ahoy.

He had dark shaggy hair, brown eyes to match, and god was he so handsome, from head to toe. I mean really, you had to hand it to em. The uniforms were pretty lame and unattractive, but
somehow he still made it work.

You hung up your jacket on the provided hook by the front and turned to go to the back to turn on the ice cream machine like Mr.Coleman had asked.

"You must be Y/n." The cute guy leaning on the counter was low leaning his back against it with his arms crossed against his chest, the typical cool guy pose.

"Yeah....I am. Do I know you?"

You pretended to play with your costume fiddling with the edges of your skirt.

"Coleman said there'd be someone new today."

"And you would be..."

"Steve, Steve Harrington."

"Well, Steve Steve Harrington, I'm heading to the back so...I'll see you later yeah?"

As the day went it seemed like it couldn't get any longer. Seconds seemed like minutes, minutes seemed like hours and still not even close to closing time.

And Steve slithering his way to the back where you worked the ice cream machine between customer rush hours didn't help either.

It also didn't help that he, the hot guy you conveniently get to spend 7 hours a day, 5 days a week with, was mindlessly flirting with you during those breaks.

"So you come here often?" Steve smirked as he leaned against the counter.

You laughed, was he acting stupid on purpose to make you laugh it was he actually being serious?

"Yeah actually, I work here." You playfully rolled your eyes.

He had to admit, he walked into that one, but that certainly wouldn't stop King Steve that easily.

"Right so here's what I'm thinking," Steve stared.

"We clock out, stop for some coffee, you give me those digits aaaannd...."

"aaaand not gonna happen. Nice try though." You gave his cheek a soft tap for pity and walked to cash register where a woman was waiting for her ice-cream.

Finally clocking out reminded you of Steve's not so sly comment earlier. "Bye Mr.Coleman, I'll see you Monday."

The man gruffed in response counting the cash straight from the register and waved something pathetic.

Walking out to your car seemed really relieving until that voice.

That damn sweet voice.

"Hey! Where do you're think you're going?"  Steve slowed down from running, probably trying to catch up with you.

"Home, you gotta problem Harrington?" You laughed knowing the hard time you were giving him, but come on! If a guy as dedicated as he seemed to be has to work for something right?

"Can't get away that easy L/n. You've yet to give me something don't you?" He teased.

You set you keys on top the car hood and sighed. "You know, I really don't remember, what exactly did I owe you?" You played dumb.

Steve knew girls like you, plays hard to get, and eventually he always won them over but you?

He just couldn't seem to hook you.

By now the sun was starting to set, with that golden hour glow upon your face just made it even harder for him.

Another day he thought.

"I'm gonna get you Y/n, just you wait." Steve started walking to his own car.

"Is that so?"
You shouted to his walking figure.

"Mark my words!!" He yelled back, Steve got into his car and left as you did the same, and yet you couldn't stop smiling the end tire drive home.

Maybe he did hook you after all.

________________________________

OKAY I REALIZE HOW HORRIBLE IVE BEEN TREATING ALL OF YOU BUT IM REALLY TRYING HERE.
Anyways, sorry for not updating because I just started my freshman year and school has been really whipping my ass. Again, sorry to keep you all waiting.

Comment what you'd like to read next! Bye❤️