• chapter 4 •

• Alexander •

This day was already weird. I had brushed up on the dance I finished last night before heading out for some food. Almost as soon as I walked in, a small girl in yellow and black followed me after I ordered my sandwich and asked me to sit with her sisters and her.

What?

Nobody wanted to sit with me. I didn't have to most welcoming demeanor. I wasn't ugly, and I took care of myself, but I looked like someone who just sort of kept to themselves and stayed quiet. That's why it was so unexpected.

Especially since it was the Schuyler sisters.

Now, I'm not by any means stupid. I know who the sisters are, we go to the same high school. The three practically run the place, even small, freshman Peggy. Eliza was in my grade and Angelica was in the grade above us. Honestly, she scared me a bit. I saw her sometimes in the junior hallways and I think we had a semester of math together once, but I never spoke to her before. Personally, I liked Eliza the best.

Peggy was very energetic and exciting. Funny and sweet, but hard to keep up with, especially for someone like me. Angelica was harsh and scary, in a good way. She fought for what she believed in, and while I liked that, it was also a bit hard for me to keep up with. Eliza was the perfect medium. Dubbed the "sweet" sister, she was calm but always happy and excited about something. She knew her own opinions on things, but didn't announce them to the world whenever she wanted to. She was gorgeous too. Sleek, dark hard that always fell perfectly across her shoulders, dark and happy eyes, adorable cheekbones.

Ok, so maybe I had sort of fallen into a bit of a crush.

But hey! The Schuylers just have that charm that follows them wherever they go.

I snapped back to the present, as our pause from talking ended. I had just told them I was a dancer, and they all became very excited.

"So, Alex, what type of dancer are you?" Eliza asked, leaning forward a bit.

"Um, ballet is my strong suit but I dance a bunch of types. Jazz, contemporary, hip hop, tap..." I rattled off a few styles.

"That's so cool! My sisters and I are dancers too, and ballet is my preference. Peggy's more of a tapper and Angie's into hip hop and contemporary." Hold up, was I hearing right? Eliza and I danced the same type and it was both where we were the strongest? Maybe this would be a good bonding sort of subject.

Maybe Eliza could be the girl in my fantasies I've always wanted.

But who was I kidding? No one could love someone like me. Maybe before they knew my past, but after that... I'd be left in the dust.