• chapter 22 •

• Alexander •

All was going well. My date with Eliza was very nice and calm, and we were content. Until Thomas Jefferson walked in.

A few years back, he somehow found out I danced and bullied me about it. Every once in a while he'll come after me and tease me. Obviously I didn't want something to happen while Eliza and I were out so I pretended I didn't see him.

Well, that's a little hard to do when he's sauntering over to our table with a smirk on his face.

"Hey ladies." He said, pulling up a chair and sitting down in it at our table. He thought calling me a girl was funny because I was a dancer. New flash, it's not.

"Thomas, can't you see I'm trying to have a nice evening with my girlfriend? Please leave." I said, trying to contain myself.

"Aw, the talentless "boy" on a date with the secretly suicidal bitch? How cute!" He sneered. I saw Eliza look away with tears in her eyes and I stood up harshly, pushing my chair back.

"Thomas, will you please come outside with me?" I growled, yanking him up by the arm. He just smirked at me.

"Gladly, Hamilton."

Eliza watched helplessly from the table as we went outside and I dragged him to the alley next to the restaurant.

"What the fuck was that about? How did you find out about that?" I hissed, getting in his face.

"It's called, her sleeves get rolled up, stupid." He grinned, shoving me into the brick alley wall.

"I don't care what you call me. Don't mess with my girlfriend." I said, and punched him in the face.

"You didn't just punch me Hamilton. You're screwed now." He said, kicking me in the stomach and making me collapse to the concrete ground. He yanked me back up and held me by my shirt, punching me ruthlessly.

I kicked him as hard as I could but he used his other hand to block my foot, not letting me hit him. I tried to punch him, but only succeeded in actually hitting him a few times.

Eventually he was hitting me so frequently and hardly that I couldn't keep fighting back. I was starting to fade from consciousness and I could feel warm blood pouring out of my nose heavily. Bruises were already starting to form all over my body. It hurt. A moment later I saw my beautiful girlfriend run outside with who I assumed was the owner of the restaurant.

"Alexander!" I heard Eliza say. I saw her push Thomas away and heard her say something, but it sounded like it was underwater. Thomas ran off, to who knows where, the owner chasing him with his phone out, calling the police.

"Alexander." Eliza breathed, cradling my head in her lap.

"Betsey." I said, just before passing out.