• chapter 33 •

• Alexander •

I woke up with a groan, my head pounding and my throat sore.

I stood up carefully so I didn't wake up Eliza, who was sleeping peacefully on the couch with a grey blanket tucked around her. I walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water and Advil to try and get rid of this damn migraine.

I usually didn't feel like this. Not even after totally freaking out last night. I usually just freaked out then and got it all out, and always felt ten times better in the morning or within a few hours.

My headache didn't get any better when Peggy came pounding down the stairs, and the amount of pain made me dizzy and nauseous. I swayed for a moment before grabbing he counter tightly and holding my head in my hand, trying to rub the headache away.

"Morning Alex." Peggy said. It felt like she was screaming in my ear. I squeezed my eyes together tightly and my nausea got worse. I didn't answer her, just sunk to the floor and rested my pounding head against the counter.

"Are you okay?" She asked with concern in her voice. I shook my head then regretted it, so I tried to talk but that just resulted in my throat feeling like it was being scrubbed with sandpaper.

"Liza." I heard Peggy from the other room, shaking Eliza awake. I began to shiver a bit, wrapping the blanket on my shoulders around me tighter. I knew Eliza would worry about me if she just walked in on me sitting in the floor, so I forced myself up and tried to sit on the bar stool and drink my water like nothing was wrong. I regretted it because it put me in so much more pain but if it kept Eliza from worrying I'd do it.

Eliza walked in with a worried look on her face and as soon as she saw me, she rushed over. I tried to smile at her but she just gave me a look.

"Cut the crap, Alex, I know you're sick. I understand you don't want people to worry about you but you need to take care of yourself! You can't just keep going like nothing's the matter when you're sick like this! You're as pale as a ghost!" She exclaimed, and her noise level made me cringe as my head continued to throb. I gave up and set the water down, putting my head in my hands and trying to rub my headache away.

"Alex, sweetheart, you have to tell me what's wrong." She said, losing her scolding voice and going into very concerned Mom mode.

"My head literally feels like it's being whacked with a metal pole over and over, my throat feels like I just swallowed nails, I'm freezing cold and I can't stand without getting dizzy and nauseous." I said quietly, my own voice adding to my pain. She put her hand against my forehead and shook her head.

"You definitely have a fever. I'm going to get the thermometer, ok? Here, let's go upstairs, my bed will be more comfortable for you than the couch, ok?" She said. I didn't protest, I just nodded and wobbled my way up the stairs in into the dark room, laying on my back and waiting for "Nurse Eliza" to come in.

"Sweetie, you have a fever of 103.6. I'm gonna get some medicine and stuff and you can sleep." I nodded and stared at the ceiling, unsure of what to do.

Twenty minutes later, she rushed in with a tray containing a ginormous bowl of chicken noodle soups, cold rags, multiple different types of medicine and my phone, along with earbuds and my charger.

She set the tray in my lap and sat down next to me, placing the cold rags on my head and letting Eliza give me the medicine. Heck, I even let her feed me the soup.

"Liza, you should really work as like, a pediatrician or a nurse. You'd be so good at it." I said softly, gettin more sleepy as my fever slowly began to break and the warm soup filled me up.

"I've been thinking about it. It seems really interesting, I'd love to go into something along those lines." She smiled, setting the tray on her desk and kissing my forehead.

"I'll let you rest now, okay?" I nodded and drifted off, thoughts of my beautiful girlfriend, my random onset of sickness, my good but kinda anxiety filled Thanksgiving, and countless other things, before the thoughts simply stopped and I peacefully slept, not to wake until later in the afternoon to my Betsey once more.

a/n: lol random sickfic chapter but hey it's all good. Also surprises are upppp!! Check em out in super excited about them!!