• chapter 21 •

• Eliza •

Even two weeks after the funeral, I was still pretty out of it. But Alex was coming over and we were going out tonight, so hopefully that'll life my spirits.

We ended our FaceTime at 5:30 and it was a 10 minute drive to get here. He told me we'd go out at 6:30, so I decided I had enough time to take a quick shower before he got here.

I prepared my shower quickly and slipped in, washing my hair and body and touching up my legs so I could wear a dress. I got in and out in less than ten minutes, so hopefully Alex wouldn't be there yet. I walked into my bedroom with just a towel wrapped around me, my wet hair dripping on my shoulders.

I put on a long sleeved light purple dress and started to blow dry my hair until I heard a car pull up the driveway. I clicked the dryer off and ran downstairs, eager to see my boyfriend after not being able to do so all week. I waited on the couch and as the door swung open, I leapt up and ran into his arms, kissing him.

"I've missed you." I whispered to him. He smiled down at me and kissed my head.

"What happens when we're apart for more than a week?" He laughed. I shrugged in reply.

"You should go take a shower so we can leave soon, Lexi." I said. He smirked at the new nickname.

"Lexi, huh?" He chuckled as we walked up the staircase.

"Shut up. Take a shower." I jokingly said, and gently shoved him into the bathroom.

I finished blow drying my hair and did my makeup while Alexander took his shower. Eventually I was just sitting on my bed, waiting for him to hurry up.

He finally emerged wearing dark jeans and a light yellow button up shirt. His hair was tied up and he looked... hot. Like, really hot.

"Ready, babe?" He asked, holding out his hand for me to take. I nodded and smiled, going up on my tiptoes to kiss his forehead.

"Alex and I are going out!" I called to Angelica, who was the only person home at the moment.

"Have fun, lovebirds!" She yelled back, laughing. I picked my phone and black cross body bag from the table by the door and we left together.

Soon, we were at a little French restaurant, which was super romantic and cute. I felt like Alex had been secretly planning this little date, and it made me smile.

We ordered our food and just sat, talking about school and our day and dance.

"So, since you dropped out of that competition last Sunday, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to do this one with me? It's in like 2 months so we have a bit of time." He slid a flyer onto the table. It was bright blue and read "New York City Dance Competition: open to studios, groups, duos, or individual dancers. January 6th, 2018." I scanned over it more, looking at the address and time.

"I was thinking we could do that pas de deux we did when we first kissed? But like, clean it up?" He asked, a nervous smile on his face.

"Of course! It sounds fun. I'd love to do it with you, Alexander. I really would." I smiled. His face lit up as he kissed me

"Really?" He asked happily. I nodded in reply. We were in a bliss, attacking our food that had just arrived and having an overall really good time.

That is, until Thomas Jefferson walked into the restaurant.