• chapter 16 •

• Eliza •

I pushed a few pieces of fruit around on my plate as I sat alone at the table with Alex, trying to bring myself to ask him the question on my mind. I took a deep breath and pushed my nerves aside.

"Alexander... what are we? Because we kissed and then you told me you couldn't be with me but then we fell asleep together and it's getting really confusing." I said. His face paled and he turned towards me more.

"I told you I couldn't be with you?" He asked worriedly. I nodded a little bit and he looked apologetic.

"I didn't mean it. I was in a panic. I'm so sorry, Eliza, that probably made you feel so terrible. If it weren't for that panic attack, I was going to ask you if you wanted to be my girlfriend?" He explained. My heart leapt when he asked me to be his girlfriend.

"I know. It hurt a little bit when it happened but I knew it was because you were upset. And of course I'll be your girlfriend." I smiled and leaned in to kiss him, tasting the fruit on his lips.

I heard a cough and a squeal and we broke apart, flustered, to see Peggy, Angelica and my father standing there.

"Finally!" Peggy jumped up and down happily. Angelica smiled a little bit but glanced at Alexander as to say that she'd talk to him about this later. My father on the other hand, reacted better than I thought he would. He walked over and shook Alexanders hand.

"I've heard all about you, son. Treat her right." He said firmly, and Alex nodded.

"I will, sir. Don't worry." I saw him start to get overwhelmed by everyone and their different reactions so I grabbed his hand under the table.

"Eliza, I assume he knows about your mother?" My Dad asked and I️ nodded.

"Can I talk to you in the other room please?" He asked and I nodded again, leaving Alexander with my sisters.

"Your mother is in London still and that's where we want her to be buried. We want to have the funeral in three days." He said. I was a little surprised.

"Wait, you want our whole family and her friends to fly to London and have her funeral on Monday?" I asked. He nodded again.

"London was her favorite place and I think burying her there would be appropriate. Plus, we could all use a little vacation. I was thinking afterwards we could go to her favorite spots in London together and leave a rose at each to honor her." My eyes began to well up.

"That's a great idea, Daddy. And I know she'll be watching us doing it from Heaven the whole time." I said, hugging him and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Do you want Alexander to come?" He asked to my surprise.

"I'll ask him. But that would be a really good thing if he came with us." He hugged me again and shooed my off, pulling Angelica and Peggy over to tell them, leaving me and my new boyfriend together once more.

"So, my dad told me we're having my moms funeral in London in three days and afterwards he wants to go through the city and honor her at her favorite places. And...he wants to know if you want to come with us?" His face lit up.

"Really? I would be able to go with you?" He said in the most adorable way. I nodded and smiled.

"Of course I'll go with you, my angel." He kissed me and I blushed at the name.

"I'll tell my father." I said to him. He nodded and I went to relay the information to my dad.

We're going to London together.