• chapter 34 •

A/n: not a trigger warning but sorry in advance lol you'll know what I mean by the time you finish the chapter
• Eliza •

I sighed as I left Alex to rest, hoping that he'll get better soon. I feel so bad for him. Struggling with one thing after another.

I decide not to just sit at home all day, since Alex is sick and I have nothing to do. It is Black Friday though, so maybe I can go shopping?

I pull out my phone and text my friend Maria, asking her if she wants to go with me, and already knowing her answer will be yes. I grab my wallet quickly from my room so that I don't wake Alex up and rush down the steps, hearing my phone ding.

Maria: of course!!! I can't pass up shopping, esp on Black Friday. Meet you at the mall in 20? :)))

Eliza: yep!! See u then :)

I looked in the mirror downstairs before going to the car. I had on a long sleeved black T-shirt and some dark blue jeans, with my grey jacket and Nike tennis shoes on as well. I unlocked the car and texted Alex before leaving, so he wasn't confused when I was gone if he woke up soon.

Eliza: hey babe, I know you won't see this for a while bc you're asleep, but I went Black Friday shopping with Mar so I'll be gone for a while. I love you so so much and I hope you feel better!! See you soon love 💕

Soon enough I was at the mall with my best friend, rushing around happily to all our favorite stores and buying way too much stuff.

"Liza, this is so heavy!" Maria complained as she lugged around a huge bag filled with on-sale candles from Bath & Body Works.

"Well then maybe next time you shouldn't go crazy and buy 6 full sized candles!" I laughed, readjusting my own bags as we walked.

"They were 70% off, I couldn't resist!" She countered, laughing as well. We walked to the food court as our last stop, deciding that after four hours of shopping we were very hungry and in need of a break.

Sitting at a table with Taco Bell, we both sighed in relief as we set down our bags all around us. I had at least 6 different bags, all very full of various clothes, Christmas gifts and other stuff.

"We really should do this more often." I said to Maria after taking a quick sip of my drink. She nodded in response and looked away awkwardly.

"Is something wrong, Mar?" I asked. She blushed when I called her Mar, which was weird. She shook her head and looked up at me, then rethinking, opened her mouth to say something. Except nothing came out.

Instead, she leaned forward and kissed me.

I didn't realize what was going on at first, because of the shock. Why would Maria kiss me? How long had she liked me? Why is she kissing me now?

I suppose the worst part of it all is that I let her kiss me.

And I

Kissed

Back.

And I knew I was kissing back too. But did that stop me? No. What was I doing?

I pulled away quickly and jumped up. Both of our faces were bright red and we began to speak at the same time.

"Maria, that was.... oh my god. I kissed you back, and I- I enjoyed it. I technically cheated on Alex. Oh no, oh my God, I-I kissed you back..."

"Eliza, I'm so so sorry, I really shouldn't have done that, I'm so sorry. Oh my God, why did I do that."

I sat back down so we could try to figure out this mess.

"Eliza, listen, I'm so sorry. I've kinda liked you for a while now and I guess I just wasn't thinking and I kissed you and I feel so terrible about it now. I mean, you have Alex and it was so stupid of me to kiss you. Please, I hope this doesn't ruin our friendship. I'm so sorry, I truly am. And I swear to God it'll never happen again." She said quickly, a worried expression on her face.

"Maria, it's alright. I mean, I kissed you back! I know it was an accident and I know you feel bad about it. This won't ruin our friendship. And you don't need to promise about it not happening again, I know you wouldn't do that again. But then again..." I trailed off. Should I really be doing this? What about Alex?

Alex isn't here right now.

"Who ever said I wouldn't let it happen again?" I asked. I pulled her back and and smashed our lips together.

Nobody needs to know.

a/n: it's been a long time since I updated. This is not what I was expecting to do with the plot but trust me it'll create *fun* stuff for later chapters. Sorry for ruining ur Hamliza rip (don't worry tho, you'll see what happens later on)