Chapter 1

(Steve's first appointment)
Steve's POV -
At this point scared was an understatement. I was terrified. I didn't even think this was possible , but after being sick for 5 weeks straight I knew I had to make sure that it was true . This would change mine and Tony's lives forever . I was in the car outside of the Greenland hospital . I was about to walk in when Tony's car pulled up beside me . Natasha must have told him where I was , for being the best spy in the world she is terrible at keeping secrets . I hope he's not mad that we might have a baby . " Hey Steve why didn't you tell me we might be having a baby ? " he said rushing over to me and helping me get out of the car . " I didn't tell you because I don't know for sure and this is another reason I didn't tell you " I said motioning to how he was treating me like a fragile object . " Sorry I know you don't like to be helped but Steve this is not a normal thing and I just don't want you or our little baby boy hurt " tony said putting his hand on my stomach that was still completely flat . " Cut that out tony , now come on I have an appointment to get to " I said walking away to the hospital doors. Tony ran up and grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek . " You know how I said that I didn't want kids ?" Tony asked me . I nodded and waited for him to continue. " I hope this works out for us I think I want to be a father . I really think we can do this Steve . After all we have been through together I think that this is the next step and i think we are ready for it" he said gently squeezing my hand . I bent down and kissed him. We went in and I got my first ultrasound . It was a invasive ultrasound because the doctor said the first ultrasound always has to be invasive or something like that . I wasn't paying attention to her words , I was looking at the screen beside me that would show me my babies ,if I was pregnant . The doctor did the ultrasound and it was confirmed on the screen , I was pregnant. The only thing that was hard for me to wrap my head around was the fact I was pregnant with 2 babies . We were going to have twins . Tony almost passed out but he was in a chair beside me thankfully so he wouldn't drop straight to the floor.  We got the picture of the ultrasound and I handed it to tony so we could both see the little blobs that were our babies. Once we got done with making lists of stuff I can and can't do anymore and of stuff I can and can't eat and drink anymore ,we left . I had about 4 lists of restrictions that I had to follow for the next few months. When we were leaving I saw that my car was gone . "Tony where is my car ?" I asked getting worried that my car was stolen. " I had Natasha come and get it for you " He said walking me to his car . " Why ? I'm perfectly capable of driving myself " I said still following tony to his car . " Because this is special and I want to drive my pregnant husband home . This will be my first time knowingly driving home my husband and our babies " tony said opening the door for me . I smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek. " Thank you tony " I said getting in the car . " No problem babe " tony said shutting my door and running around to his side of the car . We drove back to the base and when I got inside Natasha was waiting for us . " Follow me boys " Nat said smiling at us . We followed her to the avengers meeting room . It's more like a living room but I wasn't complaining because the couches in there are super comfortable. I went and laid down on my favorite couch in the room . I almost fell asleep from the exhaustion the babies were putting on me already, but I felt tony shake me . "Steve don't fall asleep we have to tell the team about our surprise " Tony said shaking me lightly . I sat up and looked at all of my teammates who were sitting around the room waiting for me to explain . " Alright everyone me and Steve have a big announcement to make " Tony said to our team and even Nick Fury was there .. " Steve come up here " Tony said holding his hand out to me . He was in the middle of the room waiting for me . I walked up and grabbed his hand and all eyes were on me . " Okay everyone I know this may be a shock to all of you but um ... well to put it in a simple way , in 9 months there will be little stark-Rogers around here " I said to everyone. A few of them understood what I meant but a few didn't . " What do you mean Captain ?" Thor asked . " I mean I'm pregnant " I said hoping they wouldn't laugh at me or be mad . " Oh my god I'm finally gonna be an uncle !" Bucky said jumping up in excitement . "Congratulations Steve and Tony !" Everyone said to us . Everyone was so happy to hear that we were going to have a baby but I didn't tell them the other part . " Thank you everyone but we have one more thing to tell you " I said and everyone got quiet . " We are actually expecting twins " I said . Everyone froze and it was quiet until Fury broke the silence. " Well congratulations to you Captain and Tony " Fury said smiling a rare smile . " Thank you sir " I said smiling to him and tony just nodded . He left the room and it was just us and our team. Bucky was the first to say something. " Wow Steve twins that's ...uh....that's amazing "he said happily but also with worry . " Don't worry Buck , I can do this " I said to him . He always is worrying about me not being able to handle things on my own . "I just worry about you Stevie " he said coming over to hug me . " I know you do ,but I'm gonna do this . I know I can do this " I said and he patted me on the shoulder . The rest of the team said their congratulations and we all eventually went to our own quarters in the base . When we got home I went to the couch and laid down . Tony came and sat by my feet and rubbed my leg . " I'm tired will you lay down with me ?" I asked tony . He nodded and laid down with me . We cuddled with each other and I eventually fell asleep . This is gonna be a long journey.