Chapter 11

Steve's POV-
This is it . We located the exact spot where Loki's scepter is being kept . We were on our way to the concentration camp it was in . Once we get the scepter we are done with our mission. We arrived at the camp . I went in first and Tony came in behind me . Bucky and Sam stayed back to make sure nobody else was getting in this hydra base . " I'm only getting a few heat signatures near the scepter " tony said in his iron man suit . "Good you will no trouble taking them out then " Loki said . We get up to the door and I count down. 3.2.1. Go . We ran into the room and fought the 5 people that were in there . It took only a few seconds to knock all of them out . Loki ran and grabbed the scepter and we bolted but right when we got outside the door I heard a noise. It was a little kid crying for help . " Tony ! Loki! Wait I hear a little kid crying . They need help " I said running the opposite direction of the way we are supposed to go to leave . " Steve no come back " Tony yelled but it was too late I was already far away from them . Loki was on my heels though because when I stopped running he was right beside me . " Steven you need to go to Anthony and I will get the child " Loki said . I nodded and turned around and ran back to Tony . " Where is Loki ?" Tony asked . " He went to get the little kid that was crying " I said . A few seconds later Loki came around the corner with a tiny little boy in his arms . The kid was covered in blood . " I can't hold him and run . Can you please carry him ?" Loki asked me . "Yes I've got him " I said . "Thank you now lets go so we can go home " Loki said . We all ran out to the quin-jet that was outside waiting for us . We all got on the jet and went home . Tony gave Fury the scepter. "Who's that ? And why is he covered in blood ?" Sam asked . I looked to Loki . "He is a child we found in the building . He is covered in blood because he was laying over his mother who was brutally slaughtered " Loki said . " Why not leave him there ? This kid could be a trained killer " Sam said . " I don't not sense any evil coming from him . He deserves to have a chance " Loki said . " Well that kid is going to a orphanage once we get to America . He can't be in our headquarters without a link to someone who works there " Fury said . Loki looked angered by what Fury said . " I will adopt that child . He will not be thrown away to rot in an orphanage " Loki said . I handed him his new child and went to change into normal clothes. I changed into a pair of grey sweatpants and a loose black T-shirt. I came out from where I changed my clothes and sat beside of Tony . He had on jeans and a AC/DC T-shirt , but he had that on for a while . " Hey honey " Tony said to me not looking up from his tablet . I looked to see what he was doing and he was tracking how far away we were from the avengers headquarters. " We have a long ways to go so let's either sleep or talk because we have nothing else to do....At least nothing we can do with other people around "Tony said smirking at me . " I think we should talk about something" I said . " Okay, well what about ? " He said messing with the tablet . " I've been thinking that maybe once we get back we could um " I said trailing off trying to find the right words . " We could do what Steve ?" Tony said now fully paying attention to me . " Well I need to get checked and everything but maybe we could - No never mind you won't want to do it " I said turning away from him . " Steve talk to me . I'm your husband and if you want something I will give it to you " Tony said holding my hand . " Alright. I want another baby " I said just getting it off my chest . " Oh well I mean it's not like we don't have room or anything but do you really want a baby so close in age to peter and maddie? " Tony said . " Well they are about to be 3 and maybe a little sibling will help them be more mature " I said . " Okay I'll tell you what we can do . First you go get checked to make sure you can have another kid and you need to make sure it won't put stress on your body . I will not put you in a dangerous situation like that , it could kill you Steve" Tony said being super serious. " Okay I will get checked out to make sure everything will go smoothly ,but do you even think Fury will let me ?" I said worriedly . " He will be pissed off like crazy but he will have to get over it . He doesn't own you " Tony said . " Thank you Tony " I said kissing him gently or the lips . I pulled away and looked around the jet . Everyone else was asleep except the pilot of course. Fury was even sleeping. "Is everyone seriously that tired ? " I asked . " I guess this mission took a lot out of them " He said looking around. " Yea guess so " I said . " Y'know going back to the baby thing . You are sexy like this but you look amazing when your pregnant " Tony said wrapping his arms around my waist. "Well thank you babe but we aren't doing anything until we get back to the house and until I get a check up " I said seeing through his plan . " Worth a shot but seriously you do look amazing no matter what " tony said nuzzling my neck we kissed then we laid down on the only couch on the quinjet . We eventually fell asleep cuddled up together. As soon as I fell asleep I was woke up , but this time I couldn't be happier to be woken up . " Hey wake up sleeping beauty the kiddos are waiting for us " Tony said gathering stuff up . " What time is it ?" I asked rubbing my eyes . " 2 am " he said . " What ?! The twins should be in bed !" I said grabbing my stuff quickly . He just shook his head . After that we walked quickly to the elevator to go up to our quarters. I was so excited to see the twins that I couldn't help but smile even though I was upset that they weren't in bed at the appropriate time . The elevator dinged and the doors opened we walked inside expecting to see the twins but then we walked into the living room . They were asleep on the couch cuddled up together. They fell asleep waiting for us . I looked to tony and he was looking at me . We smiled at each other and we put our stuff on the ground . We can get it in the morning. I picked up Maddie and tony picked up peter . " Papa ? Daddy ?" Peter said groggily. " Yea buddy it's us . Be quiet sissy is still asleep. Lay your head back down buddy " Tony said to him so peter would go back to sleep . He hugged tony tight and I felt Maddie hug me tight too . They knew we were back they're just too tired to talk . We carried them to bed and told them goodnight . When we left their room tony called pepper and asked where she was , she said she was in the lab cleaning up . Tony rushed down there and I followed him . When we got down to the lab we saw a few tools in a pile and a helper bot torn apart. Maddie must have tried to fix dum-e but gave up and took him apart . Tony looked a tony bit upset but he got over it quick . " Oh well Dum-E never worked anyways . I'll have a talk with her in the morning though . Thank you again pepper for taking care of them while we gone " tony said moving some parts . " No problem . They were good the entire time you were gone and they listened to me and Natasha " pepper said . After that we thanked her again and then she left . We went to bed after she left and once we hit the bed we both were out cold . I'm just glad we are finally home .